MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't they at this point all based out of ECH. I know I keep running into one on the Q50.

3 are based from ECH (I know 6081 and 6233 are, and I heard 6025 is too), and 2 are based from NYCT, somewhere in the Bronx (WF?)

The last two KB units (6033 and 6267) were transfered to WF. For some reason, they remain with KB decals. The other three mentioned by RTS9000 are out of ECH.

Which unit is that? I thought that the last ones in SI were retired/preserved.

Retired, yes. 6000 is the one in Castleton that's not in revenue service.

2780-2782 at Charleston. Arrived this morning.

Edited by Cait Sith

those 2011 XD40'S are horrible. you can even see some of the rust of the paint coming off. Even the destination sign doesn't look that great. It looks old.

I don't know why ENY wants the 4800's.Those 4800's should stay at UP.

Edited by Far rockaway

those 2011 XD40'S are horrible. you can even see some of the rust of the paint coming off. Even the destination sign doesn't look that great. It looks old.

Rust of the paint? Huh?

And the destination is old....5 years old

That's not rust. That's from the years of wear and tear and sun damage. You know they're gettting a repaint right?

those 2011 XD40'S are horrible. you can even see some of the rust of the paint coming off. 

If it's blue, it's not paint. The only paint on the XD40s, same 4899, is the white base. The MTA cheaped out on those buses, the C40LFs, the 3Gs, and the original LFSes and used vinyl decals instead of blue and black paint.