MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

This is what annoys me about some of these posters. Just because another bus is SEEN near another depot, especially ENY, does NOT mean it's assigned to that depot.

I wish guys who say a bus has been transferred (or assigned when new) would note it WHEN YOU SEE IT SIGNED UP FOR A ROUTE IN THAT DEPOT AND ACTUALLY IN SERVICE.  We have transfers for maintenance to Grand and ENY all the time.  We have weekend bustitutions.  We have buses in training service so they could be seen near another depot or even in another boro.

We need accuracy.  Everybody wants the "exclusive" and be the one who is first to report a bus in a new depot. STOP WITH THE BIG EGO'S AND BE ACCURATE IN REPORTING.

Rant over.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what annoys me about some of these posters. Just because another bus is SEEN near another depot, especially ENY, does NOT mean it's assigned to that depot.

I wish guys who say a bus has been transferred (or assigned when new) would note it WHEN YOU SEE IT SIGNED UP FOR A ROUTE IN THAT DEPOT AND ACTUALLY IN SERVICE.  We have transfers for maintenance to Grand and ENY all the time.  We have weekend bustitutions.  We have buses in training service so they could be seen near another depot or even in another boro.

We need accuracy.  Everybody wants the "exclusive" and be the one who is first to report a bus in a new depot. STOP WITH THE BIG EGO'S AND BE ACCURATE IN REPORTING.

Rant over.

Well, you see I thought I was being accurate...

I was on the (L) platform yesterday (a Friday for the record) after just missing the previous train and was watching the buses below. I saw it shadowing a Q56 but couldn't see the sign from where I was standing so I thought it was indeed in service at ENY.

I simply thought it was moved based on what I saw and the "evidence" I had in front of me, so I posted it here. I apparently made a mistake and it was in fact on a Subway Shuttle.

It actually wasn't moved. I made a error and I apologize.

It's not an ENY bus. Must've went to ENY for parts or work. It's still an Ulmer Park bus.

Thank you for setting the record straight after my error...

Just to point out for the roster, the Bx5 WF trippers are standards, not artics.

Also 4517 and 4069 to WF, the same buses keep popping up on WF routes and one of them was in the lot yesterday.

One of the units has returned to its current depot in Brooklyn. 4069 is currently on the B47 at this time. I'm not sure about 4517 however.

On Tracker, you mean? Because it rarely showed up on Tracker. It is at Casey Stengel, but it's operated by the "Winner of the 2015 Stellar Bus Operator Award".

25996456953_29e6398670_c.jpgIMG_7344 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

And 7436 only operates on the Q26 because that's operated by the winner of the 2015 MTA Bus Roadeo. Never really knew about 7437, however. 

Edited by R188 7857