MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5513 at West Farms.

5645 at Gun Hill.

All routes mentioned are planned to become 100% artics at some point before 2020.

5510 to KB

Most likely due to mileage and plus JFK is losing their D60HF's

5558 & 5648 at 100th Street.

5647 JK to GH.

5687 JK to KB.

5516, 5540, 5559 JK to ECH (storage/work). 

5649 from JFK to WF

Are these buses (I'm guessing) are displaying "MTA New York City Bus"?

Is LGA retrofitted to handle artics

Since they are due to receive 5439-5490.

Their order should possibly be here within the next 2-3 weeks. I spotted 5419 and 5422 at the facility. The order is coming in like ???????????? cakes.

Hopefully soon we could know which NYCT depots to receive the XD60 order.

Edited by Future ENY OP

The question is when will the xd40 option start coming in? we where supposed to receive 60 by the end of June.

Patience. Patience and patience. This order is strictly an Brooklyn order with some buses heading to Manhattan. However, no depots haven't been selected and everything is not finalized.

Also, we haven't ended the month of May. So this order may possibly get delayed.

Didn't the XD40 option order get delayed so New Flyer could deal with the spec change and accelerated delivery of the new XD60s? I thought I read that somewhere.

Which was expected and the CNG is more likely to be delayed as well. The MTA probably wants the new paint scheme on the new 40 footers as well and working on the whether design can work with the standard length of said buses and future orders too. Don't forget the artics were delayed as well. I'm dying to see if the XD40 and LFS can "work that paint" lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Which was expected and the CNG is more likely to be delayed as well. The MTA probably wants the new paint scheme on the new 40 footers as well and working on the whether design can work with the standard length of said buses and future orders too. Don't forget the artics were delayed as well. I'm dying to see if the XD40 and LFS can "work that paint" lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think the new scheme will work good on the XD40's and the LFS.

It's just an matter about SBS? In which I think they are going to continue using the SBS wrap that's designed for the service.

I think the new scheme will work good on the XD40's and the LFS.

It's just an matter about SBS? In which I think they are going to continue using the SBS wrap that's designed for the service.

I'm iffy on the LFS.

The scheme works on the XD60 because the larger area above the windows allows the gold line to extend and reach the front point of the bus. It would be tougher to fit the gold stripe on an LFS and include the light blue area with the number and WIFI/ USB decals.

26881692760_92e4e9a8e0_b.jpg