MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9348 back on the roster at JFK. As of right now, the current RTS roster for JFK is 8854, 8913, 8971, 8972, 8999, 9002, 9114 and 9348.

I don't understand that. That bus was at Eastchester this morning. Somehow, some reason, they sent it back.

Hold on, don't the XD60s at BP make more than enough for the brewer routes, and as a result, all JFK RTS are eliminated?

when it reaches through 5438, it may be. JFK only needs about 5-8 more old gens and the standard fleet would just be hybrids. 

*The BP artics are used on weekends now starting Sunday. 

Ok. With the Artics moving into Baisley Park and JFK, the following have NOW been transferred to LaGuardia:

3552, 3564, 3624 (if not mentioned), 3627-3628

***Also for those who want to check the latest roster updates from "Rick44", I now have the link in my signature. Feel free!***

Ok. With the Artics moving into Baisley Park and JFK, the following have NOW been transferred to LaGuardia:

3552, 3564, 3624 (if not mentioned), 3627-3628

3624 was at LGA  couple weeks ago

And this also affects the 1996 MTA Bus RTS.

*5559 is at TU from the update

Edited by CH3348

3624 was at LGA  couple weeks ago

And this also affects the 1996 MTA Bus RTS.

Hence the term "if not mentioned".

***UPDATE*** #5418 and #5433 are at Baisley Park.

***THIS JUST IN***

Per "TJ Trainman" (who got this from a friend of his), the following is at LaGuardia:

3549, 3551, 3554, 3558-3559, 3566, 3625-3626 and 3629

Edited by The TransitMan

With that in mind, all that is needed is the transfers from JFK and the mia 5368 and we are set.

Just not too happy about 5439 and up won't be joining the LGA fleet and with the (MTA) changing minds on the procurement of the fleet. Let the waiting game begin on the next set of fleet.

With that in mind, all that is needed is the transfers from JFK and the mia 5368 and we are set.

Is 5368 is the only bus missing from JFK set? If so, why there are still 5-7 buses that are suppose to be at BP still at JFK?

BTW, just saw 5413 on Q10 with JFK depot stickers....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Is 5368 is the only bus missing from JFK set? If so, why there are still 5-7 buses that are suppose to be at BP still at JFK?

BTW, just saw 5413 on Q10 with JFK depot stickers....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Yes and 5413 was also at JFK from delivery.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just not too happy about 5439 and up won't be joining the LGA fleet and with the (MTA) changing minds on the procurement of the fleet. Let the waiting game begin on the next set of fleet.

The only major change is the options for Transit, and the way they decided to number the upcoming articulated fleets. The XD60 pilots (5987-5990) are all scheduled for delivery within the next 4 weeks. LG wasn't supposed to be getting any artics until MTA places an order for an additional 53 buses anyway.

5 XN40's (673-677) are all due in just over 60 days. 

And the Nova LFSA "Ghost Pilot" we now know is 5439, is already complete. It will be delivered by January 2017 along with 5440-5442.

Edited by East New York

The only major change is the options for Transit, and the way they decided to number the upcoming articulated fleets. The XD60 pilots (5987-5990) are all scheduled for delivery within the next 4 weeks. LG wasn't supposed to be getting any artics until MTA places an order for an additional 53 buses anyway.

5 XN40's (673-677) are all due in just over 60 days.

And the Nova LFSA "Ghost Pilot" we now know is 5439, is already complete. It will be delivered by January 2017 along with 5440-5442.

That's a copy on that. My thought was that the LGA delivery was going to commence with the JFK and BP delivery. Again, thanks for the clear up.

Is there any clue to where the new XD60's will pop up? I'm not here to make any assumptions. However, will the XD60's go to all depots that have artic operation or will it be a Manhattan/Bronx order?