MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

I think those SC buses are loans for the CNG recall.

The hybrids are staying for now (it may be). All of the recent moved units has Spring Creek decals. The depot is also short on buses.

Edited by CH3348

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hybrids are staying for now (it may be)All of the recent moved units has Spring Creek decals.

Getting the depot sticker doesn't always mean that the bus is assigned there on the long term. There have been scenarios where a bus gets a new depot sticker, only for it to be shipped back to its previous depot shortly afterwards.

6900 and 6904 now at Queens Village.

I hope the Village gets to keep some of their NGs and get the rest of Jam's 4600s after all of these swaps are complete. I also hope can gets to keep those RTS'. Finally, I'm hoping that the return of the hybrids to the creek are not just a temporary fix.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

6900 and 6904 now at Queens Village.

I hope the Village gets to keep some of their NGs and get the rest of Jam's 4600s after all of these swaps are complete. I also hope can gets to keep those RTS'. Finally, I'm hoping that the return of the hybrids to the creek are not just a temporary fix.

6904 is still at Casey Stengel, on the Q16. 6900 hasn't moved either.

All the CNG depots are short on buses at the moment because about 101 C40's are OOS for overhaul, maintenance, and repaints. Plus there are about 77 Orion CNG's OOS, in the shop or at the vendor as well. MTA is just ready to get rid of those ASAP. They are costing too much in maintenance. I definitely expected to see SC with some hybrids until all their buses are out the shop. 

If West Farms looses any more buses, they will send some to JG temporarily, and get more RTS or hybrid loans from other depots. Plus the heat is murder on buses, so we are seeing somewhat of a systemwide shortage. Im not even factoring in all the hybrids, Nova's, and D60's currently OOS for maintenance. 

Seems like QV will be OG's and LFS and CS will be NG and XD's

I sure hope not. I loved those NGS Being at QV. However, QV recently received some 4600s from Jam, so there is still some hope there for an NG presence.

By the way, 6844 is now at QV. Saw it near the terminal in Jamaica.

Edited by Micstromme

Nah they can loose all those NG's. QV is better off without them

Yeah, until those 6400s are on the chopping block. Then the NGs are the saviors once again.

I really hate how the MTA Treats the Next Generation Hybrids like the step children of the fleet. The black sheep of the family of buses that get sent from place to place to replace worn out buses. Tbh, I prefer those to the OGs and even the original LFS'.

Edited by Micstromme

I noticed an MTAB Orion 7 "old-generation" with a JFK decal (not sure of the number) heading northbound on I-95 between Country Club and Pelham Bay.

Does anybody know what that might be about?

Destination: Eastchester. [NOT FOR SCRAP].

Perhaps this could be a possible transfer or for storage.

Destination: Eastchester. [NOT FOR SCRAP].

Perhaps this could be a possible transfer or for storage.

Suppose to be NGs being transferred to Eastchester though. We'll see!

The OG that went to ECH is probably there for maintenance work.

JFK's 3702 made a stop at ECH before traveling to Zerega for work earlier today, maybe that was the one. No transfers yet I believe.

What happened to 4668? I thought that bus was a part of QV'S roster? Also, what happened to the 9600s that Eny had a while back? It seems that 9480 is the only bus from that year that's left at that depot.

Edited by Micstromme