MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

What are RTSes going to be doing at the Roadeo? Thought it was exclusively new tech now, with the LFSes, XD40s, and the ex-Bee Roadeo equipment buses balancing out the museum fleet. Sounds like it'll be quite a show. 

Appreciate the great intel as always, thought I'll be very sad to the last 1996s finally taken out of service. 8854 and up, you think that means 8793's sticking around? ;) And as for those beat-to-death Vs, eh. 

Also, if anybody's got confirmation, I've got 8994, 9071, and 9085 LG to ECH this morning. 9085 did a 180 and pulled back up to LG though, so maybe that one's got a lease on life. 

Some of the JFK/LGA 1996s will stay a little longer regarding 8831, 8994, and 9071, they are probably getting driver shields installed. several LGA units have them 9003, 9132, etc..... 9085 was probably a transport bus for the drivers.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the JFK/LGA 1996s will stay a little longer regarding 8831, 8994, and 9071, they are probably getting driver shields installed. several LGA units have them 9003, 9132, etc..... 9085 was probably a transport bus for the drivers.

yes most of jfk rts has the driver shield installed.

I'm going to just try and answer everyone questions without the quotes, and add on to what I previously posted.

As far as the roadeo, I think it was moved this year because of the location. A friend of mine who is military has been training there lately along with the NYPD. Originally there was just supposed to be new equipment, but there was a push for the RTS so they could make a guest appearance.... I haven't got the final word yet.

8094-8013 back to JA and 8014-8023 to CA eventually.

EN and GA will be able to handle artics.

EN for the B15 and B82+ which is slated to get D60's and XD60's respectively until all the new buses come in.

GA I'm hearing could get part or all of the B44+ when the B46+ goes articulated.

8894 appears to be scrap. I forgot about 8793. Thanks MHV. 9071 is in the shop, and 9085 was transport.

Not to go off-topic but was there a reason to how Casey Stengel is moving out all their old-generation hybrids in exchange of Queens Village's Next Gens?

I also noticed that back then, Queens Village did receive Next Gens, only to be swapped for Jamaica's Nova LFS which leads to now moving them all out to Stengel. 

I'm going to just try and answer everyone questions without the quotes, and add on to what I previously posted.

As far as the roadeo, I think it was moved this year because of the location. A friend of mine who is military has been training there lately along with the NYPD. Originally there was just supposed to be new equipment, but there was a push for the RTS so they could make a guest appearance.... I haven't got the final word yet.

EN for the B15 and B82+ which is slated to get D60's and XD60's respectively until all the new buses come in.

GA I'm hearing could get part or all of the B44+ when the B46+ goes articulated.

8894 appears to be scrap. I forgot about 8793. Thanks MHV. 9071 is in the shop, and 9085 was transport.

Holy crap this is gonna be a hell of a year for bus fans, even as the D60s probably won't be Brooklyn property for a bit.

Interesting... I'm guessing the D60s and XD60s will be moved to ENY in the next few weeks?

8094-8113 to JA

8114-8123 to CA. correct ENY.

Also why would TA want to take away B44SBS from Flatbush and send to Grand Avenue? What's in return for this? That's just saying that MJQ can't handle the M34SBS and M60SBS. I would expect that Flatbush would have more pull than Grand Avenue. However, it's just a rumor. Just hoping not the case.

Those novas are gonna bump out the remaining next gens out of jamaica.

So ENY gonna get buses from the bx and Manhattan (Artics),I wonder what they are gonna replace there.

I think the smart thing to do is to wait for said Artics to come then bump the LFS. Odds are the RTS and/or a partial amount of Orion VIIs can go to LGA and/or ECH. And odds are some artics could come from WF mostly due to upcoming CNGs or other random depots. Just a possibility due to following updates we've seen anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

8094-8113 to JA

8114-8123 to CA. correct ENY.

Also why would TA want to take away B44SBS from Flatbush and send to Grand Avenue? What's in return for this? That's just saying that MJQ can't handle the M34SBS and M60SBS. I would expect that Flatbush would have more pull than Grand Avenue. However, it's just a rumor. Just hoping not the case.

I would assume because there isn't enough room at Flatbush for the amount of artics that the B44 SBS uses AND the amount of buses the B46 SBS uses.

The news regarding GA and ENY is very exciting indeed!!! My only question is when will these changes go into effect? And what has to go in order for the SBS44 to go over to Grand Avenue? The B39? The B47?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I think the B47 was at Flatbush before GA, so the B47 transfer makes the most sense.

The news regarding GA and ENY is very exciting indeed!!! My only question is when will these changes go into effect? And what has to go in order for the SBS44 to go over to Grand Avenue? The B39? The B47?

I can see a 44/47 swap happening. Maybe even the 60 going back to ENY, but I'm leaning more towards the 47.

Castleton needs Novas "that" bad? They already have extras from Yukon (#8252-8255). So Jamaica only gains 20 instead of 30. Interesting!

I agree with Grand Av "HOPEFULLY" getting part of the B44 SBS. Makes sense to have at least Flatbush run the B44 LOCAL.

Castleton needs Novas "that" bad? They already have extras from Yukon (#8252-8255). So Jamaica only gains 20 instead of 30. Interesting

Beats me, but I think the main idea is to bump more Novas to the island in order to get rid of more Hybrid junk there. Edited by ShadeJay