MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Hope the 39 and 48 goes back to Fresh Pond.

Will Grand Avenue also take the 44 local also.

If they do. I want to see how they operate it.

The 39, at most, uses about 3 buses the entire day. Hardly a dent into the overall depot pool, especially when there's about 200 buses to go around.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4513 now at the Stengal. Sad, sad. I first recall catching that bus on the now defunct B51 bus in Brooklyn back in 2009. Man, how that bus had had a journey I intake short life.

As for the Novas, I don't see the big deal about them going to Castleton. Jamaica has over 100 new LFS' already. If anything, the batch of Novas should either stay put in Brooklyn or go to Queens Village, to kill off those in the 2011 series.

I do want to see the B47 return to Flatbush, but at what expense? I honestly don't see anything else happening, if it is to be that the B44SBS Is heading North to GRand.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Just a word of warning for the folks that post here and has never contributed a single move before(except when its an error).

If you folks don't contribute to the conversation and just post for nothing, or just to get a laugh or whatever, I'm going to start suspending posting privileges. I'm getting tired of folks coming to me about certain individuals making spam posts and posting things that have nothing to do with the topic altogether.

Most likely not, because the MTA likes to mix up fleets eventually and not keep buses at their original depot for 100% of their lives.

Not quite. They don't "like" to do anything. It's a matter of fleet age and necessity.

----------------------------

5368 NEW to JFK with PAINT on the body, not a wrap!

Edited by Cait Sith

Most likely not, because the MTA likes to mix up fleets eventually and not keep buses at their original depot for 100% of their lives.

I always thought it was more about the age of the fleet more than anything and the maintenance that exists at some depots.  That's why I think that maintenance should be uniform across all depots, but unfortunately it isn't, which in some cases can lead to some depots needing buses in emergency situations.

I always thought it was more about the age of the fleet more than anything and the maintenance that exists at some depots. That's why I think that maintenance should be uniform across all depots, but unfortunately it isn't, which in some cases can lead to some depots needing buses in emergency situations.

Yeah. I think swaps are primarily done to keep the fleet age ( or something like that) low at each depot.

Yeah. I think swaps are primarily done to keep the fleet age ( or something like that) low at each depot.

Not necessarily low because buses eat up miles fairly easily when you think about it, but more like in line overall in an attempt to maximize the longevity of each bus.  Some depots will naturally have buses with more mileage than others (SI Depots are a prime example), so they may need to swap fleet more often.  

4914, 4973, and 4976 WF to JAM. 5134 JAM to WF.

4976 is STILL in West Farms... seen last night on Bx46

5134/5136 is in Jamaica

4968 returned to Jamaica.

If the RTS's weren't logo'd for the depot loaned to then we can't say it's a move

Most of Jamaica's loans to WF are exactly that... they aren't staying and every couple of weeks

they get swapped out for another RTS

Edited by JFK Depot

4976 is STILL in West Farms... seen last night on Bx46

5134/5136 is in Jamaica

4968 returned to Jamaica.

If the RTS's weren't logo'd for the depot loaned to then we can't say it's a move

Most of Jamaica's loans to WF are exactly that... they aren't staying and every couple of weeks

they get swapped out for another RTS

A handful of recent D60 moves and the WF 503x RTS don't have WF stickers, yet they are still assigned there.

Also if not mentioned, 6851 CS to QV, 4691 JA to CS.

Loaners then.... most of the RTS they have are from either ENY or Jamaica

Depot stickers mean nothing. Remember when ENY had that Orion V for like a day? They slapped ENY stickers on it the moment it came only for it to leave the next day.

I sure hope not. Not unless they get ENY's 2006-2007s. The ones they gave to Eny can stay right there.

Also, 6897 is at QV, saw it on the q2 yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Can't lie Grand does an excellent job with maintaining the RTS but they're dying by the second and the only thing that can giving right now is the OGs and ENY trying to get rid of them lol just my opinion thou

Thing didn't go as planned so the MTA is flexing the play. Any routes that runs out of Bridge Plaza should come out of GA or at least half. You can send the 47 back to FB maybe send the 44SBS/46 Local to GA.

GA doesn't have enough buses to run the 46 local.

So no 46 local leaving FB.

FB needs to be mostly artic in order to keep both 44 & 46.

Give the 44 local to Grand Avenue and not the SBS.

The pullout is totally better from the Sheepshead bay side & Avenue U.