MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Farms relabels Jamaicas buses smh....

When they come back to Queens

They have Bronx Bus Maps

WF depot logo smh.... it was on borrowed time lol why relabel Queens equipment smh

Leave the JA logo... leave the Queens Bus Map

This isn't something to get worked up about. Most of the units brought back stayed longer than expected, hence why some got a new label. Those can be replaced easily.

West Farms relabels Jamaicas buses smh....

When they come back to Queens

They have Bronx Bus Maps

WF depot logo smh.... it was on borrowed time lol why relabel Queens equipment smh

Leave the JA logo... leave the Queens Bus Map

Hey isn't JFK and I'm talking about the actual depot worst when it comes to relabeling buses. I remember a few D60's rolling around with New York City Bus, and a Manhattan bus map a while before they ever changed it. Even the RTS's it takes them forever to relabel them. I saw one on the Q8 recently with New York City Bus on it and I think that had that one for a while too.

Hey isn't JFK and I'm talking about the actual depot worst when it comes to relabeling buses. I remember a few D60's rolling around with New York City Bus, and a Manhattan bus map a while before they ever changed it. Even the RTS's it takes them forever to relabel them. I saw one on the Q8 recently with New York City Bus on it and I think that had that one for a while too.

Lol your right about that one... there's still a few D60s in West Farms with JFK Depot labels

ECH RTS' should've been sent to QV in exchange for 6400's

ECH doesn't need anymore 10+ year old buses. Those 6400's are not going anywhere besides MHV or QV. It's a nice change to see ECH with buses that are not as old as the RTS's and Orion's were. I don't know if the Q50 willever going back to CP but if it ever happened in the near future at least the MTA wouldn't have to worry about ordering new buses just for ECH's two routes for the time being.

ECH doesn't need anymore 10+ year old buses. Those 6400's are not going anywhere besides MHV or QV. It's a nice change to see ECH with buses that are not as old as the RTS's and Orion's were. I don't know if the Q50 willever going back to CP but if it ever happened in the near future at least the MTA wouldn't have to worry about ordering new buses just for ECH's two routes for the time being.

Not to harp on this too deeply, but the Bx23/Q50 going to CP in the future may actually resolve the impending Q65 SBS/XD60 dilemma that ENY mentioned a couple of weeks ago in another topic.

Not to harp on this too deeply, but the Bx23/Q50 going to CP in the future may actually resolve the impending Q65 SBS/XD60 dilemma that ENY mentioned a couple of weeks ago in another topic.

Do you mean Q25 SBS? I don't recall the Q65 being slated for SBS. And what's the dilemma again? I don't remember what it is at the moment.

Do you mean Q25 SBS? I don't recall the Q65 being slated for SBS. And what's the dilemma again? I don't remember what it is at the moment.

Yeah, Q25 SBS, my apologies. The dilemma is below.

It is possible that some buses go to the TA side. An increase in XN60's will allow for all CNG depots to finally have enough buses to kill of and transfer all the diesels and or hybrids in the case of SC, even though they only have 1 left now. However, there would be a legal issue. None of the FTA buses can be transferred because they are specifically for Bus Company. The others can however be transferred if need be. 

So those extra C40's could end up staying in CP to cover those 2 local routes - if that's where they plan on taking this idea. I don't know what the status is (or isn't) about the whole Yonkers/Eastchester merger, but if the MTA was still intending to do that - they could ease a little bit of the strain of that merger by sending those local routes to CP. Of course, that does put a strain on CP (as if there wasn't one already), but it would be a way to keep those buses moving.

Obviously, I don't have the answers - I'm just speculating.

Above all else, I guess those leftover buses could be extras.

Edited by Rick44

Yeah, Q25 SBS, my apologies. The dilemma is below.

So those extra C40's could end up staying in CP to cover those 2 local routes - if that's where they plan on taking this idea. I don't know what the status is (or isn't) about the whole Yonkers/Eastchester merger, but if the MTA was still intending to do that - they could ease a little bit of the strain of that merger by sending those local routes to CP. Of course, that does put a strain on CP (as if there wasn't one already), but it would be a way to keep those buses moving.

Obviously, I don't have the answers - I'm just speculating.

Above all else, I guess those leftover buses could be extras.

If I remember correctly 185-229 were originally suppose to be NYCT buses and 187 was delivered with "New York City Bus" on it. So I think those (185-229) are alright to move but the 500 and 600s aren't.

If I remember correctly 185-229 were originally suppose to be NYCT buses and 187 was delivered with "New York City Bus" on it. So I think those (185-229) are alright to move but the 500 and 600s aren't.

230 was the one sent to MTA Bus with NYCT markings and then later was sent over to JG