MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Photos from Rick and TTMG respectively:

_20160901_161219_zpskvycecpj.jpg

Love this photo. Brand new bus right next to the bus it will replace.

Can't belive the Orion CNGs are retiring man, I still remember the first time I saw them in the early 2000s, wasn't as exiting as when the C40s got introduced caused the Orions looked so similar, but its gonna be weird to see Orion 7's at ECH Scrap in the masses..

Speaking of retiring, there is another major fleet shakeup pending.... These new XN's are going to be on the first ever super-accelerated delivery. Meaning they are already in mass production and now scheduled for immediate delivery as soon as 673-677 complete pilot testing. If all goes according to plan this allows MTA to immediately retire the worse performing buses, rid WF of its diesels, and manage everything until the new artics come in. The Nova order may now come faster than expected, while the XD60's are almost ready to go yet have not been delivered, and are being delayed a bit. D60's were going to EN along with new buses, and FB was supposed to get more artics for the B46S.

The new sticks are unassigned and MTA isn't quite sure where they are putting them just yet. With the EC/LG swap going on, that takes care of EC until more buses are ordered to bump those hybrids back to LG one day it's time to retire some D60's, and decide what to do with EN and FB. With Flatbush being the first priority before the B15 and B82S needs, MTA wanted to send more artics there. However, they aren't really needed at this point with the current headways. So this is a toss up. This also means if it goes SBS, do they wait until LFSA's arrived, or do they make the depot all XD60 and transfer the current fleet...

Moving on to EN, there is now talks of sending 4700's from the Bronx instead of D60's. EN was already slated to get new ones in the future, so it would make sense to switch some things up and send down some 4700's instead.

I will post more on all this in th Fleet and Depots thread, as it ties into the pending delivery of 369 buses, with an additional 110 XN60's that I'm now being told will be modified somehow. I'm not sure exactly how yet, but the order could be increased or converted to XD60's.

Speaking of retiring, there is another major fleet shakeup pending.... These new XN's are going to be on the first ever super-accelerated delivery. Meaning they are already in mass production and now scheduled for immediate delivery as soon as 673-677 complete pilot testing. If all goes according to plan this allows MTA to immediately retire the worse performing buses, rid WF of its diesels, and manage everything until the new artics come in. The Nova order may now come faster than expected, while the XD60's are almost ready to go yet have not been delivered, and are being delayed a bit. D60's were going to EN along with new buses, and FB was supposed to get more artics for the B46S.

The new sticks are unassigned and MTA isn't quite sure where they are putting them just yet. With the EC/LG swap going on, that takes care of EC until more buses are ordered to bump those hybrids back to LG one day it's time to retire some D60's, and decide what to do with EN and FB. With Flatbush being the first priority before the B15 and B82S needs, MTA wanted to send more artics there. However, they aren't really needed at this point with the current headways. So this is a toss up. This also means if it goes SBS, do they wait until LFSA's arrived, or do they make the depot all XD60 and transfer the current fleet...

Moving on to EN, there is now talks of sending 4700's from the Bronx instead of D60's. EN was already slated to get new ones in the future, so it would make sense to switch some things up and send down some 4700's instead.

I will post more on all this in th Fleet and Depots thread, as it ties into the pending delivery of 369 buses, with an additional 110 XN60's that I'm now being told will be modified somehow. I'm not sure exactly how yet, but the order could be increased or converted to XD60's.

Just wondering, would the Bronx be getting anything if the 4700s head to Brooklyn?

The xn40 bus sound is similar or different to NICE XN40 SOUND

Still too early to say as they haven't hit service yet.

Considering the transmissions are different (NICE's XN40s use Allisons whereas ours have ZFs iirc), I'd say they'll sound different. But wait and see, they'll probably be running around within the month.

Edited by r142a 7795

Considering the transmissions are different (NICE's XN40s use Allisons whereas ours have ZFs iirc), I'd say they'll sound different. But wait and see, they'll probably be running around within the month.

The xn40 bus sound is similar or different to NICE XN40 SOUND

Vancouver has the same setup. You just have to look on youtube for Translink XN40s to hear how they sound basically.