MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how come you never hear jg/cp/sc   having a bus problem?

cp/sc has new local buses that are only three years old, and a good portion of jp buses are relatively new too.  The older ones will be retired soon.

Well, it's more along the lines that JG can't fuel diesel buses, so they need CNG's, which can only come from WF. That's why WF is taking in so many diesel buses and hybrid buses.

Also, there have been hybrids on SC routes before. The MTABC depots are recalling too. Same thing with CP, borrowing buses from LGA. They're just not borrowing as much as WF is.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

Where did you hear that JG can't fuel diesel buses? That's 100% false.

I remember hearing something on here about that. It was either that, or that they can't be maintained at JG, or something else that prevents JG from getting something other than CNG buses. If it is something else, then my mistake, but I read somewhere on the forum that JG can't use diesels or hybrids.

Where did you hear that JG can't fuel diesel buses? That's 100% false.

They haven't been able to fuel a diesel bus for a couple years now. The only diesel they get goes into a 55 gal drums and is used to fuel the forklifts and the ride-on sweepers/scrubbers.

is 4426 and 4427 staying at QV permanently or going back to their respective depots in a short time?

2 things.

A) Return back to sender = Bronx // Gun Hill

OR.

B) To join in with the rest of their counterparts at Grand Avenue.

Since 4424, 4425, 4428, 4429 and 4430 are all at GA it makes sense to go there. But you know the (MTA).

I seen 1280 on the Bx41 +sbs+, i wonder if it's at KB or MCH?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Bx41 +++SBS+++ comes from KB.

its a MCH unit, could be transfered there (as in KB)

It could be a loan, but at the same time, almost every depot had at least one 12xx for at least a month. Lets see if that's the case with 1280.

how come you never hear jg/cp/sc   having a bus problem?

Very simple answer: Orion VII CNG.  Crapping out.  Since they are about to be retired, NYCT does not want to take the time and spend the money on parts to fix them.  If you check your roster, West Farms has a load of these, Gleason a much smaller amount.

Anyone mention 4221 at Grand yet? Apparently those NGs loaners at KB aren't needed anymore.

It was mentioned already a few weeks ago, and no those were not loaners as that was the only 4200 from KB that left.

KB has 4220, 4222-4227

Saw 4220 some time last week on the Bx13 at the stadium

4221 was also in KB until it left for GA within the last 2 weeks.