MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

9587, 9677, 9688 GA to FP.

9690, 9699 GA to UP.

As of the PM Rush, that bus was still at Yukon. 

I understand 4004 and 4096 made their way to Grand Avenue, but that could be work. Anybody have a confirmation on assignment?

I can confirm this. Both 4004 and 4096 are at Grand Ave, however in the system 4004 is still listed at YU. 4096 is listed at GA. In addition, based off of the roster on google docs, the following buses are also at Grand:

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought MJQ would've used RTS's on the M55 Route but I never thought it will use Orion 7s from Yukon.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Hold on a second.  The buses were transferred TO SUPPORT the new M55 because the depot needs more buses.  Those buses go into the depot pool.  Nobody says that these transfers must be confined to the M55.  They can be used on any route in the depot...........including an artic route, especially when the artics are held in the house due to ice/snow (by order of DOB Management)

Hold on a second. The buses were transferred TO SUPPORT the new M55 because the depot needs more buses. Those buses go into the depot pool. Nobody says that these transfers must be confined to the M55. They can be used on any route in the depot...........including an artic route, especially when the artics are held in the house due to ice/snow (by order of DOB Management)

Doesn't Quill already have too much buses?

Do they have to take the bus on test runs or take it out for revenue service?

They'll probably do the same thing they did with 7090 and 8090. The depots that are slated to receive the buses that don't currently have them will do all the training and the depots with them already will probably just train to get the ops used to the mechanics of the bus.

On another note. Why does the MTA use all different types of mirrors on their fleets? They have squares for the C40s, circles of some sort for Xcelsiors and what have you. Why aren't the specs just one type to keep parts the same?

Edited by Jdog14