MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

ahh, gotcha sir.. Thank you for clarification. I thought 6721 was the last at first.

Has 6723 or 6724 made it inside MTV yet?

Orion 07.501 LF Hybrid #6723 has been at Manhattanville for a few weeks now. Orion 07.501 LF Hybrid #6724 is still at MJQ as I saw that bus on the M104 last Monday evening.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3607 is back at LGA. I saw it on the Q-29 yesterday. Ill.

I could have sworn that was 3607 when I was fanning @ 103 st last saturday... I saw it on the Q23 down the road.

The rear liscence plate fell off tho lol.

I haven't seen a 7XX or 7XXX Orion V CNG at CP for weeks now, did they retire them?

Also, have any new C40LF's been delivered yet? Also what ever happened to 230?

It seems like some WF & JG Orion V CNG's are at CP, maybe to replace the 7XX & 7XXX.

3644 is at LGA, I saw it yesternight on the Q53.

In return, 4020 is at JFK. Saw it on the Q9.

I haven't seen a 7XX or 7XXX Orion V CNG at CP for weeks now, did they retire them?

Also, have any new C40LF's been delivered yet? Also what ever happened to 230?

It seems like some WF & JG Orion V CNG's are at CP, maybe to replace the 7XX & 7XXX.

I don't think the 7xx's and 7xxx's have been retired yet...

230 is still at WF

and yes a few JG and WF Orion V's went to CP. Although a few came back to gleason as I heard.

I would say the same way about that for 34th Street! Wait till B44 gets SBS. RTS could get displaced to East NY, FP or Grand Ave. I'd rather they do the SBS on the B41 first I hope the B41 or 46 is in Phase 2 of this project. If some of those 57xx buses didn't get shipped to the BX, I'd say perfect idea to have some D60HF's on the 34, but let's see the outcome!

Would be nice if some of those LFSA made their way to Flatbush, the current ones from GH OR 126th at least for training before SBS hits Nostrand Ave. Is Nostrand Ave scheduled for 2012 or early 2013?

I still don't think the B44 SBS is going to be a good idea. The area it goes thru is already 'rough'. SBS will just mean an easier 'free ride'.

Plus some rumors [not my words] say: "the SBS B44 could go to Grand Av and the B47 or parts of it can go back to FB".

Either way, I don't think FB should have/needs artics. the 40' buses are just fine. imo.

I still don't think the B44 SBS is going to be a good idea. The area it goes thru is already 'rough'. SBS will just mean an easier 'free ride'.

Plus some rumors [not my words] say: "the SBS B44 could go to Grand Av and the B47 or parts of it can go back to FB".

Either way, I don't think FB should have/needs artics. the 40' buses are just fine. imo.

Someone who is deep in this project has told me out right the SBS44 is not going to Grand Avenue, Flatbush has completed or is near completion with the modifications for artic buses which is for the SBS44.

Oic, thanks. On one hand, seeing artics at FB would be awesome. Otoh, I don't want to see the 'newer' RTSs be sent out for them. I don't know how it's like in the Bronx, but unless those artics are for SBS only, I don't want them running on the B41 or B46 routes when it is the middays. Knowing how the MTA works, they'll cut some runs because the artics can carry more people. Middays, I don't need longer buses, I need frequent service so I'm not waiting over 20min.

Knowing how the MTA works, they'll cut some runs because the artics can carry more people. Middays, I don't need longer buses, I need frequent service so I'm not waiting over 20min.

You can always look @ the timetable of a particular bus route, so you don't have to wait 20 minutes or more for it to show up.