MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

New command center= NYCT and MTAB merge, i guess its coming sooner that we all think.;)

Ok so let me ask you this, if the new york city bus Dept. and mta bus merge do you think all the express routes like the BXM, QM etc will turn into X routes?

9108 is being taken to east chester soon , they moved it from track i to track e , they ripped the back doors off the bus . 9426 is also going to be scrapped or sent to mta bus soon , the farebox is out of that as well . And 2400 prevost x3-45 just came back from jersey , and 2806 is now back as some of you know , shes been serving MNR services for a month .

Might not be for scrap, probably for repairs or something.

Ehh maybe , that happened with 9421 , they took the farebox out and put in another one like 1 month later and put her in service . I dont think they would scrap 9426 just yet , its still good . They ripped the doors off of 9108 the back doors and took the windows out now they will send it to east chester probably by next week .

Mta nyc buses out of mjq #'s are o/s as followed 6728 - needs approval of the foreman . 3804 , 3816 , 5208 all 3 needs vendor work .

They still do vendor work on the RTS? For some reason I thought only the newer buses in the fleet get vendor work and then after a certain amount of time the TA has to do all repairs on the buses themselves, does anybody know if the 1996 RTSs still get vendor work?

I seen (mainly heard) it in the B43 earlier today

...Man that ring sounds good from the 7th floor B)

I consider this one to be one of the best ringers. But of course, you'd have to hear it in person for yourself.

Too bad this one is sitting in the graveyard, this bus was one of the small few that I appreciated and liked :)