MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tranfer Updates for the future artic fleets at Quill and Grand.

For now things look to stay according to original plan. The last of the XD60's are scheduled to go to Grand, then be transferred to Quill after the shuttle bus service. For now, Quill with take more LFSA's from Stengel for the M14 and planned M14SBS which I was officially able to confirm, and ship out the D60's.

With that being said, 6059 to Grand Avenue for maintenance training!

Edited by East New York

Tranfer Updates for the future artic fleets at Quill and Grand.

For now things look to stay according to original plan. The last of the XD60's are scheduled to go to Grand, then be transferred to Quill after the shuttle bus service. For now, Quill with take more LFSA's from Stengel for the M14 and planned M14SBS which I was officially able to confirm, and ship out the D60's.

With that being said, 6059 to Grand Avenue for maintenance training!

Is there any chance we see these buses on other Grand Avenue routes than just the subway shuttle?

Is there any chance we see these buses on other Grand Avenue routes than just the subway shuttle?

Unless it's the B38 crosstown. Let's just say highly doubtful. I wouldn't even use the B38 as an example b/c that mainly a full time Fresh Pond Route with Grand Avenue being the cousin to the other branch.

Only if that Downtown Brooklyn to Ridgewood/Bushwick SBS was ready in time than it would be useful for that.

Edited by Future ENY OP

Yes.

No. The future crosstown SBS from Jay Street to Bushwick Myrtle Av is set be out of Grand Avenue. However that's still in the planning phase and I definitely don't see the B38 going artic anytime soon.

These particular buses are only for shuttle service and are supposed to go to MQ afterwards. Grand will get a fresh batch when it's time for artic operations.

Yes.

No. The future crosstown SBS from Jay Street to Bushwick Myrtle Av is set be out of Grand Avenue. However that's still in the planning phase and I definitely don't see the B38 going artic anytime soon.

These particular buses are only for shuttle service and are supposed to go to MQ afterwards. Grand will get a fresh batch when it's time for artic operations.

Isn't that the current B54?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Sorry if this hasn't been answered already, but are those D60s from Quill gonna be retired or relocated to The Bronx?

Some will be sent to other depots and a few will be retired.

Isn't that the current B54?

My intel says it will be an all new route. I'm submitting a plan to DOB in my upcoming report,and it's likely the route will at least be 90% similar to what I am submitting, so we will get into that a bit later.

Some will be sent to other depots and a few will be retired.

My intel says it will be an all new route. I'm submitting a plan to DOB in my upcoming report,and it's likely the route will at least be 90% similar to what I am submitting, so we will get into that a bit later.

Gotcha!

Why not transfer those buses over to Kingsbridge Depot & use them to extend some Bx41 SBS to LaGuardia Airport.

They had a route set up back in 2013 for that, it was supposed to be the Bx50, but that plan has been scrapped and 4 years later, KB wanted nothing to do with SBS and transferred the Bx41 to GH.

They had a route set up back in 2013 for that, it was supposed to be the Bx50, but that plan has been scrapped and 4 years later, KB wanted nothing to do with SBS and transferred the Bx41 to GH.

It's not that they wanted nothing to do with SBS. Logic dictates that it would make more sense to have all of the SBS routes in one depot, and it made more sense for them to send the Bx41 to Gun Hill.