MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

So which is it? Training or damage repair or both? How the heck has it already been damaged? Damn NYC.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Both. Since GA is a CFM and Engineering HQ it's only fitting they start doing repairs there starting now.

6109, 6111, and 6113 are now officially assigned to Grand Avenue Ladies and Gentleman. The buses are now at the vender for pre-delivery check.

Edited by East New York

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So which is it? Training or damage repair or both? How the heck has it already been damaged? Damn NYC.

Simple, they're in Manhattan. And Lexington Avenue can be a madhouse. It's not uncommon for that to happen to buses.

2858 Yonkers to ECH

783 at JG

*Also, the (M) shuttle will be out of Fresh Pond as well besides Grand Av coming July 1st. 

All of the Brooklyn division except for Ulmer Park will be on the M shuttles.

Why do they keep transferring those 29XX and 28XX express buses back and forth between YO and EC?

My guess, one or the other is probably short, especially with the installation of Wi-Fi & USB. Those 2800s and 2900s were meant to be extra buses.

My guess, one or the other is probably short, especially with the installation of Wi-Fi & USB. Those 2800s and 2900s were meant to be extra buses.

That makes sense.  Eastchester has most of their buses done with Wi-Fi & USB.  Took two BxM6s today that had both installed. Yonkers... Not so much, but I've seen more buses of like with USB t least. I don't think any of them have Wi-Fi for some odd reason.

That makes sense.  Eastchester has most of their buses done with Wi-Fi & USB.  Took two BxM6s today that had both installed. Yonkers... Not so much, but I've seen more buses of like with USB t least. I don't think any of them have Wi-Fi for some odd reason.

Some of the older buses between 3000-3200 may not get them as they will be retired with the next order.

Some of the older buses between 3000-3200 may not get them as they will be retired with the next order.

Speaking of which, why the delay in awarding that contract?  (MTA) dragging their feet knowing that the fleet is in decent shape overall, or what's the story? I thought the award was supposed to be last year, and since then it's been pushed back constantly.

Damage repair at the CMF... I was surprised to see both in for body repairs... I remember 5995 (CS) was there back in April for training.. I.E manuvering through out the depot etc.....

Speaking of which, why the delay in awarding that contract? (MTA) dragging their feet knowing that the fleet is in decent shape overall, or what's the story? I thought the award was supposed to be last year, and since then it's been pushed back constantly.

Same timeline, but the pending order has been on the books since I posted last year. The buses won't actually be 12 years old until next year. Overall the old MCI's are holding up pretty well so theres no rush for the most part.

Edited by East New York

Ok ladies and gentlemen. MTA has just thrown me for a loop again. They are now considering sending Grand some D60HF's for the shuttle work, and FP which has most of the work is severely short on buses, and apparently MTA has no idea what they are going to do about that and only have 6 days to decide. Now they are going through a last minute crisis scenario....

6103, 6111, and 6113 in the meanwhile are being reassigned to OH. There is no final word on what exactly will happen. At this point Grand may only get half the buses they were first planned. Now this is all as of right now. This morning at my time of posting all 3 buses were in fact assigned to Grand, after I got this emergency notice I looked into the database and not only are they now assigned to OH, but effective immediately, all 3 of them are set to now be diverted to OH today.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but I was told it's just beginning...

Can't they just pull extra buses from various depots and call it a day? Like whatever isn't being used but enough for the rush.

Quite frankly I see no need to have brand new buses for shuttle work.  Commuters on the M101, M102 and M103 have been stuck with those beat up buses for years and they pushed for the new buses to get better service, so they should come first.  When the shuttle work is completed, retire those DH60 buses and move on.

To add on, why have they been scrapping the D60's, use them for shuttle work and after feel free to toss them. The CNG's run the risk, but D60's don't, seems like MTA shot themselves in the foot or dug a bigger hole.

The MTA is only scrapping the D60s in terrible shape, the ones with life left are staying around for now.

Quite frankly I see no need to have brand new buses for shuttle work.  Commuters on the M101, M102 and M103 have been stuck with those beat up buses for years and they pushed for the new buses to get better service, so they should come first.  When the shuttle work is completed, retire those DH60 buses and move on.

This is just a guess on my part, but I think they originally were going to send the new XD60s there because they have XD40s there already, so the employees already have some level of experience with Xcelsiors and there's some parts commonality as opposed to the D60's which they've never had and probably don't have parts for.

The MTA is only scrapping the D60s in terrible shape, the ones with life left are staying around for now.

This is just a guess on my part, but I think they originally were going to send the new XD60s there because they have XD40s there already, so the employees already have some level of experience with Xcelsiors and there's some parts commonality as opposed to the D60's which they've never had and probably don't have parts for.

Two things I would like to see... OH get their new buses AND their maintenance improve.  They just simply run around short on buses wayyy too often and it definitely impacts service.

You all misunderstood.... FP is short buses. All of Brooklyn division except for UP is scheduled for the shuffle at this time. Fresh pond is not an artic depot nor is it artic ready. Grand avenue has only maintained 2 Artics in its entire existence. 6059 and 6063. Zerega has always historically been the artic CFM.

I also agree that the ORIGINAL plan of D60's was good enough as well.

As for VG8, in response to your comment Tuskegee was already getting 79 so the last 17 were unassigned for the longest and now will possibly be changed again. Quill doesn't necessarily need them u til the M14SBS comes on line and EN pushed the B82SBS back to next year....

Also in the news, MTA will be rotating out 79 Bus Company C40LF's to be retrofitted with Digital Info Screens, Auto Pax counters, and WiFi. This contract has been awarded to New Flyer and leads me to believe the screens we saw on the XD40 fleet will likely be the final selection as the winner of the pilot. This also means plans now call for the XN60 order to be super acellerated, and for more Orion VII CNG to over to bus by September to supplement for the buses out of services for upgrades... This just keeps getting more interesting by the hour..