MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

4007-4009 to to FP

2826, 2907 to EC

6087 to GA

As for SC it was determined that for logistic reasons all Bus Company depots would be Queens and Bronx division. When the merger is complete, LGA depot will be Queens North Division Headquarters, and Queensvillage will become Queens South Division HQ. With SC added in the borough will have extra work, and for that reason things will be divided up by north and south division. It's also good for fleet coordination with SC and and CP, which is MTA Bus Company HQ. We will most likely see future mileage swaps between the Depots as the C40's age.

One day quite sometime ago when the change first went into affect, The Real hit me up and said look at the Queens Division Depot roster. It's been an ongoing saga for years since I posted the first thread on the official merger. This is just one of the many steps as all the final pieces to the puzzle are in the works now. We have a standard MTA New York City Bus (but without the titles) brand for the public, but internally it will remain TA/OA/BC divisions of MTA Bus Operations.

There was talk of the Q7, Q8, and a QM route going to SC. It wouldn't happen before a merger and there would have to be union issues. Another reason SC went to Queens is because it's logistic partner is a TWU depot. Many don't know but SC is no longer ATU as of a few short weeks ago. It is now officially becoming TWU 100A.

Edited by East New York

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they are getting XD60s after all?

They were always getting XD's for the Shuttle, then later in the future for the crosstown SBS. I posted that 6009, 6111, and 6113 were assigned to Grand, then diverted to Tuskeguee because they had 6 artic's in the shop and needed them immediate. The buses were delivered to the depot and assigned immediate. I hit The Real up and let him know what was going on, he headed over to the depot and sure enough they were all running back to back as they were assigned drivers almost immediately after pulling up to the depot.

6087 is assigned for training. Just in case someone hits something, at least it won't be a new bus, and can now be prepared at Grand.

Simone once mentioned that they saw a D60 come out of maintenance at Grand. That's not true. That bus was there for movement around the depot in case they ever shipped any that way. An LFSA has been through there as well. Grand Av officially started artic maintenance this month with the first 2 jobs being on OH's XD60's. ZA is and has always been the artic maintenance base for OH's artic's.

Also note there is going to be a very slow introduction of artic's on the M shuttle because of Tuskeguee's emergency need for them.

Edited by East New York

As for SC it was determined that for logistic reasons all Bus Company depots would be Queens and Bronx division. When the merger is complete, LGA depot will be Queens North Division Headquarters, and Queensvillage will become Queens South Division HQ. With SC added in the borough will have extra work, and for that reason things will be divided up by north and south division. It's also good for fleet coordination with SC and and CP, which is MTA Bus Company HQ. We will most likely see future mileage swaps between the Depots as the C40's age.

One day quite sometime ago when the change first went into affect, The Real hit me up and said look at the Queens Division Depot roster. It's been an ongoing saga for years since I posted the first thread on the official merger. This is just one of the many steps as all the final pieces to the puzzle are in the works now. We have a standard MTA New York City Bus (but without the titles) brand for the public, but internally it will remain TA/OA/BC divisions of MTA Bus Operations.

There was talk of the Q7, Q8, and a QM route going to SC. It wouldn't happen before a merger and there would have to be union issues. Another reason SC went to Queens is because it's logistic partner is a TWU depot. Many don't know but SC is no longer ATU as of a few short weeks ago. It is now officially becoming TWU 100A.

Now, I totally understand why SC flopped from Brooklyn to Queens, and SC fully TWU 100A. Congratulations to them.

If I'm correct, CP, EC, YO, LGA, BP. TWU 100,

SC TWU 100A, which only leaves JFK and FR as ATU? Yes/No.

2611 back to YU if not mentioned.

Now, I totally understand why SC flopped from Brooklyn to Queens, and SC fully TWU 100A. Congratulations to them.

If I'm correct, CP, EC, YO, LGA, BP. TWU 100,

SC TWU 100A, which only leaves JFK and FR as ATU? Yes/No.

That is correct as far as MTA Bus goes. TA Staten Island and Queens are also ATU depots for those that didn't know.

Edited by East New York

They were always getting XD's for the Shuttle, then later in the future for the crosstown SBS. I posted that 6009, 6111, and 6113 were assigned to Grand, then diverted to Tuskeguee because they had 6 artic's in the shop and needed them immediate. The buses were delivered to the depot and assigned immediate. I hit The Real up and let him know what was going on, he headed over to the depot and sure enough they were all running back to back as they were assigned drivers almost immediately after pulling up to the depot.

6087 is assigned for training. Just in case someone hits something, at least it won't be a new bus, and can now be prepared at Grand.

Simone once mentioned that they saw a D60 come out of maintenance at Grand. That's not true. That bus was there for movement around the depot in case they ever shipped any that way. An LFSA has been through there as well. Grand Av officially started artic maintenance this month with the first 2 jobs being on OH's XD60's. ZA is and has always been the artic maintenance base for OH's artic's.

Also note there is going to be a very slow introduction of artic's on the M shuttle because of Tuskeguee's emergency need for them.

Ah, cool. Thank you for the very detailed rundown of events.

7608, 7622 to SC

I'm assuming that JG is sending their best buses over to SC and the ending of their demise will be at SC?

Thank you for the clarification earlier with the split of MTA bus divisions being only for Queens and Bronx. Although I understand SC is in Brooklyn Property they have the same set up with Fresh Pond and Grand Avenue both located in Queens, but are in the Brooklyn Division.

Apparently, those are actual moves to Fresh Pond. Possibly expect more since the (M) shuttle is days away and Fresh Pond is getting most of the shuttle work.

Assuming most of Yukon's fleet will be heading over to FP, will Yukon get anything back in return? Or will they borrow from Castelton and Charleston?

We have to see, but keep in mind many depots need fewer buses in the summer because of lower ridership----------schools closed.

It was a Brooklyn Division depot before it switched over to Queens Division. I guess Queens felt they didn't have enough depots and dragged Spring Creek. (I could be wrong with this)

MTA bus (SC depot) is not involved with the M shuttle.

We have to see, but keep in mind many depots need fewer buses in the summer because of lower ridership----------schools closed.

MTA bus (SC depot) is not involved with the M shuttle.

Definitely aware about SC not doing the (M) shuttle, and Yes, you are correct with the first part of the statement regarding the moves and low ridership.