MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuskegee is short as usual (happens every summer) and quite frankly they need to start making service. I mean really, it is no secret that it's hot in the summertime and I don't know why they insist on sending out those old filthy beat up buses with no damn AC. The (MTA) should send them as many new buses as possible for this reason. Let whoever is in control of maintenance get the situation under a control and call it a day.

We're aware of all of that, but Tuskegee's problem isn't new.  It's been an ongoing one for years, so you plan accordingly. You can't keep using that as excuse while they run poor service. Ultimately they need to make service, and that's been a main problem for years.

You are not looking at the situation objectively. This is an all articulated depot that we are talking about. You can't always planned accordingly. As mentioned it takes time to replace a fleet and someone will always be left with the worst buses until more come in. You have artic's in the shop, new XD60's being road called already. Novas in the shop. So what do you have? XD60's. You can't expect every bus in the MTA fleet to always be new. Something will always be old, and unplanned breakdowns will always occur while buses are already in scheduled maintenance.

Some of you guys don't realize it takes a while for buses to retire and some things don't go at planned and most times depots run whatever they have during weekdays (if it's not broken, run it). Just be patient and buses will retire when they retire.

Tuskegee, Grand and Casey may not get any buses for a few days/weeks until the even xcelsiors arrive and last I checked only 6117 was at the facility. Ditto for photo proof, and I'm assuming it's the village's bus?

You mean 6119. 6117 has been build but it has not arrived yet. It's scheduled for this week.

You are not looking at the situation objectively. This is an all articulated depot that we are talking about. You can't always planned accordingly. As mentioned it takes time to replace a fleet and someone will always be left with the worst buses until more come in. You have artic's in the shop, new XD60's being road called already. Novas in the shop. So what do you have? XD60's. You can't expect every bus in the MTA fleet to always be new. Something will always be old, and unplanned breakdowns will always occur while buses are already in scheduled maintenance.

Oh I am very much so. As I said before, it would be one thing if this was a new problem, but this has been an ongoing problem for years that (MTA) has to have known about (they've been short now just about every summer as buses have issues for one reason or another), so to act as if they didn't have a fleet issue when they started getting these new buses given the past few years doesn't make any sense.  Those buses see heavy use and lines like the M101 are demanding and long. It should be a no-brainer that this issue would pop up yet again.  

Why is CS getting LFSA's from Flatbush for? Is Flatbush getting something in return?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

More then likely they added runs to the Q44 for the summer, and because none of the even XD60s showed up, they had to borrow buses from elsewhere to compensate for the added service. Let the first 5-6 even buses show up and hit service and those buses will be gone

789 to JG

689 to WF (I think it was already mentioned)

6087 back to OH pending cancellation of artics at GA for the shutte.

Is it me or the (MTA) already had a solution for the (M) shuttle. The M is not really a crush load train that would require artics. Glad the artics are staying in Manhattan. The Staten Island supplements for Fresh Pond and Grand Avenue should do good for now.

Revised delivery schedule and OH artics coming out of maintenance means in facts Grand will be able to get some Artics. Note I said pending on my last post and said nothing else. There is also more development with this and we will talk about it a bit later. The final number again is in question, however if they get all 17 we will see lots of reversals of transfers and buses heading back to their depots. Since they have enough buses to cover it as it seems Peopke are taking other alternatives it still makes more sense to go ahead and send them over just to get Grand used to them anyway as they will get some out of the next order.

As of now, they are going to evaluate at Grand. All 17 are assigned for Grand, then Quill, then ENY. Any and everything is subject to change as usual. As more come in I will have an update.

Revised delivery schedule and OH artics coming out of maintenance means in facts Grand will be able to get some Artics. Note I said pending on my last post and said nothing else. There is also more development with this and we will talk about it a bit later. The final number again is in question, however if they get all 17 we will see lots of reversals of transfers and buses heading back to their depots. Since they have enough buses to cover it as it seems Peopke are taking other alternatives it still makes more sense to go ahead and send them over just to get Grand used to them anyway as they will get some out of the next order.

As of now, they are going to evaluate at Grand. All 17 are assigned for Grand, then Quill, then ENY. Any and everything is subject to change as usual. As more come in I will have an update.

This was one of the biggest vacation weeks of the summer. IMO the M shuttle buses should be busier starting next week.

So, if I have this right, they'll be at Grand for the (M) shuttle, then Quill for the M14, then ENY when the B82 SBS starts?

That's what would happen.

Correct. The last 17 buses of this order all have SBS wraps underneath the new standard livery. When the buses go to Quill they will remove the standard wrap. The base of these buses are painted, all the rest of what appears to be paint as well as the graphics are all decal.

This was one of the biggest vacation weeks of the summer. IMO the M shuttle buses should be busier starting next week.

That's what I was thinking. We shall see.

We're aware of all of that, but Tuskegee's problem isn't new. It's been an ongoing one for years, so you plan accordingly. You can't keep using that as excuse while they run poor service. Ultimately they need to make service, and that's been a main problem for years.

I agree with Garibaldi, Tuskeegee has been pulling this little game out for too long, I used to live in Washington Heights right where the M101 Terminated/Began and there were times they would even have missing runs than borrowing buses to fill them in because if it wasn't an old rustbucket then the run would be f*cked. Now that Tuskeegee has 45 XD60's they should split evenly the amount of XD60's to the M101, M102, and M103, same thing for the LFSA's and send as few of the D60HF's as possible and give them a DEEP CLEANING, THOROUGH REPAIR, & FUNCTIONALITY, because honestly those buses have been run down to the ground without a break. The older a bus is means more responsibility cleaning and maintaining a bus. TTC for example had neatly clean Orion V' s despite their age, you can't exclude or discriminate a bus by the age, each bus is the same, and gets the same maintenance standards which Tuskeegee ain't doing.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

9674 GA to FP

768, 770, 771 NFI to JG

251, 254, 256, 258, 259 JG to CP

2255, 2261, 2284, 3293, 3331, 3332, 3342, 3386, 3387, 3407, 3414, 3424 to BP from various depots.

Wait is the C40 move gonna be similar to the NG move to MTA? Going back to NYCT after the summer/repaints/rebuilds? Edited by ShadeJay