MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

9674 GA to FP

768, 770, 771 NFI to JG

251, 254, 256, 258, 259 JG to CP

2255, 2261, 2284, 3293, 3331, 3332, 3342, 3386, 3387, 3407, 3414, 3424 to BP from various depots.

*For 9674, is it going to be placed in storage?

Also for BP units:

2255, 2261, 2284: QV units, NYCT - Are these units wired with MTA bus codes?

3293: LGA

3331-3332, 3342: SC

3386-3387: CP

3407, 3414, 3424: ECH

Edited by CH3348

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Garibaldi, Tuskeegee has been pulling this little game out for too long, I used to live in Washington Heights right where the M101 Terminated/Began and there were times they would even have missing runs than borrowing buses to fill them in because if it wasn't an old rustbucket then the run would be f*cked. Now that Tuskeegee has 45 XD60's they should split evenly the amount of XD60's to the M101, M102, and M103, same thing for the LFSA's and send as few of the D60HF's as possible and give them a DEEP CLEANING, THOROUGH REPAIR, & FUNCTIONALITY, because honestly those buses have been run down to the ground without a break. The older a bus is means more responsibility cleaning and maintaining a bus. TTC for example had neatly clean Orion V' s despite their age, you can't exclude or discriminate a bus by the age, each bus is the same, and gets the same maintenance standards which Tuskeegee ain't doing.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

There's a couple of problems with what you're saying.

1. Mathematically, you can't split 45 buses evenly. Also, the M101 uses the most artics out of all of the Manhattan articulated routes, so good luck trying to arrange such a split.

2. Most, if not all of those D60HFs they have right now came from The Bronx, so they've been beat down for the longest time. Considering that they're practically ready to hit the scrap heap, doing all of that work to those buses would be a waste of both money and resources.

3. TTC's buses do not go through the crazy environments our buses go through. Their system is not 24/7 also, compared to ours. So they get to work on their fleet much, much more often.

9674 GA to FP

768, 770, 771 NFI to JG

251, 254, 256, 258, 259 JG to CP

2255, 2261, 2284, 3293, 3331, 3332, 3342, 3386, 3387, 3407, 3414, 3424 to BP from various depots.

Wait.....

Wait is the C40 move gonna be similar to the NG move to MTA? Going back to NYCT after the summer/repaints/rebuilds?

That is unknown to me at this time. They are however for service increases.

*For 9674, is it going to be placed in storage?

Also for BP units:

2255, 2261, 2284: QV units, NYCT - Are these units wired with MTA bus codes?

3293: LGA

3331-3332, 3342: SC

3386-3387: CP

3407, 3414, 3424: ECH

Thank you! I have so much on my desk that was just a bit much! Lol. I appreciate it.

No these buses do not have MTAB codes, however all buses have LIRR codes and they will be used for the shuttle.

What is going on here????

See above lol. And with that being said,

3233, 3244, 3259, 3260, 3315, 3334, 3345, 3452, 3457 to Rockville Center

Edit: Cait remember the string of moves I said no one wouldn't expect or believe so I would just wait till they transferred? I did however hint at a C40 move last week in a thread somewhere. This is it lol. I know I post stuff so far in advance that everyone forgets lol. Sometimes I even forget till it's on my desk and in my face.

And I am hearing that the NYCT MCI, could get Bus Co. codes just in case they have to be rotated into revenue service.

Edited by East New York

That is unknown to me at this time. They are however for service increases.

Thank you! I have so much on my desk that was just a bit much! Lol. I appreciate it.

No these buses do not have MTAB codes, however all buses have LIRR codes and they will be used for the shuttle.

See above lol. And with that being said,

3233, 3244, 3259, 3260, 3315, 3334, 3345, 3452, 3457 to Rockville Center

Rockville Center??? Isn't it still managed by NICE Bus?

Edited by WestFarms36

NICE doesn't use that depot anymore. MTA as far as I know, still owns the building.

So after all these years MTA has been profiting off NICE Bus' s rent, while everyone thought MTA no longer has business with Bus service in LI?

So after all these years MTA has been profiting off NICE Bus' s rent, while everyone thought MTA no longer has business with Bus service in LI?

On the contrary. MTA still does lots of business with NICE. MTA owns Rockville, they own the fareboxes, they provide towing services and consulting services. Edited by East New York

Edit: Cait remember the string of moves I said no one wouldn't expect or believe so I would just wait till they transferred? I did however hint at a C40 move last week in a thread somewhere. This is it lol. I know I post stuff so far in advance that everyone forgets lol. Sometimes I even forget till it's on my desk and in my face.

And I am hearing that the NYCT MCI, could get Bus Co. codes just in case they have to be rotated into revenue service.

Now to hope that MCI gets the MTABC express bus order.

Saw 522 which had a Spring Creek decal on the Q23 today. But, I see it's on the roster under College Point. Recent move?

It was transfered over to CP few months ago, probably the depot logo wasn't removed (for SC)

I stand corrected. I just checked the delivery details and it was in fact delivered to SC brand new. So when the hell did it go to SC? It's been there for a at least 3 weeks or more.

So according to bustime 7685 is on the Q5...

what in the world is going on there?

It's actually on loan to JA and it's on the hawk. Lol. Run 001. This could be an indication that it's headed to SC afterwards. However I didn't see it on the transfer list. I could have overlooked it as more moves are pending.

I stand corrected. I just checked the delivery details and it was in fact delivered to SC brand new. So when the hell did it go to SC? It's been there for a at least 3 weeks or more.

It's actually on loan to JA and it's on the hawk. Lol. Run 001. This could be an indication that it's headed to SC afterwards. However I didn't see it on the transfer list. I could have overlooked it as more moves are pending.

Actually it was out on the E shuttle lol 

What time? It was dispatched for the Q5 then the Bx21. Was this before the Q5?

So according to bustime 7685 is on the Q5...

what in the world is going on there?

7685 was on the E Shuttle hawk. They both had Run 1s. BusTime must've triggered it to show up depending on how the operator signed into the farebox.

It inched up to Parsons and turned right back around.

Edited by Cait Sith

It's not just bus time...... The actual TA database showed it as doing a run. And it wasn't near the E shuttle at those time stamps. I actually appears that dispatch sent it out on a run after some type of incident but I can't confirm any of it. The driver had no reason to put his info into the farebox for a run on a fareless shuttle. This is interesting..... Lol

Maintenance rotation, M Shuttles, LIRR shuttles, summer transfers, new delivery equipment bumps, and soon WiFi and usb upgrades. Remember a couple months ago I said it was going to get crazy in the summer and there would be a lot of unexpected moves, transfers and loans.