MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

They're putting local buses on the LIRR shuttle? *grabs popcorn*

It happens. A few years ago, I remember seeing #3534 flying down Hillside Av with destination sign "LIRR Shuttle" heading to Jamaica LIRR Station. I believe that bus was on the Hempstead Branch if I remember correctly. Also, there are park-n-rides shuttles at Belmont Park, Valley Stream and Seaford so maybe the MCIs at Baisley Park are for those shuttles? I know Academy is lining up at Nassau Coliseum. There is also a mini-shuttle service from Hunterspoint Av LIRR to the LIC-34th St Ferry. Let's wait and see what tomorrow brings.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Cammy lol... 5988 is at Zerega currently and NOT Casey.

I've seen this bus and it has a few distinctive features from the rest of the orders, like a newly designed LED headlamps, side cornering lamps and either lights or some type of device over the rear wheel fenders...

I've seen this bus and it has a few distinctive features from the rest of the orders, like a newly designed LED headlamps, side cornering lamps and either lights or some type of device over the rear wheel fenders...

I knew it. I figured they would have spec changes, that way each depot gets a piece of the spec changes and they can distinguish better which buses have the changes.

They might even have ZF transmissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew it. I figured they would have spec changes, that way each depot gets a piece of the spec changes and they can distinguish better which buses have the changes.

They might even have ZF transmissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be nice, but they won't.

5517, 5713, and 5726 are loans to WF and still assigned to GH and all currently on the Bx15.

Rockville Center fleet status:

2251, 2261, 2284, 2809, 3153, 3190, 3227, 3233, 3244, 3259, 3260, 3293, 3315, 3331, 3332, 3342, 3344, 3345, 3386, 3387, 3407, 3414, 3424, 4300, 4307, 4309, 4311, 4313, 4315, 4323, and 4329.

Note these RC buses are all assigned to BP.

Edited by East New York

Correct. The rotation is just to make sure service is covered. Any of these buses can end up on a BP line. Especially the ones that were already assigned to BP, such as 2809. The other transfers however will be 99% for the shuttle.

I read a report earlier today that they may start stailing back on the shuttle beginning next Monday. Don't know what this means for the activation of Rockville Centre Depot but it is something that may need to be look at.

20046234_1597867420257738_129893431_n.pn

Preview photo of 6004, which confirms two things:

1. They will have the flood light behind the first wheel.

2. The light blue on the lower half is blue SBS.

*Not my photo. Credit to whoever took this picture*

20046234_1597867420257738_129893431_n.pn

Preview photo of 6004, which confirms two things:

1. They will have the flood light behind the first wheel.

2. The light blue on the lower half is blue SBS.

*Not my photo. Credit to whoever took this picture*

Interesting... Either the light blue on the front is wrap or we have a paint scheme change moving forward.

Interesting... Either the light blue on the front is wrap or we have a paint scheme change moving forward.

I'm pretty sure this whole time it's been a wrap (at least the front/back)...after a few scratches on the ones right now, you can see that behind the light blue is in fact yellow (rear area), meaning it's probably a wrap.

Edited by R188 7857