MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Major Q52/53 update coming in a post. 6006 and 6008 are there for training. Looks like MTA went with the only scenario that I said could be possible. MTA Bus Company will in fact borrow 40 XD60's from TA, which will be diverted with the new delivery now straight to LaGuardia.

This means the numbers will be the same, however they will eventually go back to TA. The specific bus numbers and or sequence will likely change along with the pending assignments as well. This also means the first TA depots slated to get the new lot of buses will not get them, or will get a fraction of what they are supposed to until more buses are built.

Edited by Cait Sith
fixed typo.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6008 joined 6006 at LGA

Interesting...

Major S52/53 update coming in a post. 6006 and 6008 are there for training. Looks like MTA went with the only scenario that I said could be possible. MTA Bus Company will in fact borrow 40 XD60's from TA, which will be diverted with the new delivery now straight to LaGuardia.

This means the numbers will be the same, however they will eventually go back to TA. The specific bus numbers and or sequence will likely change along with the pending assignments as well. This also means the first TA depots slated to get the new lot of buses will not get them, or will get a fraction of what they are supposed to until more buses are built.

Oh snap!

Major S52/53 update coming in a post. 6006 and 6008 are there for training. Looks like MTA went with the only scenario that I said could be possible. MTA Bus Company will in fact borrow 40 XD60's from TA, which will be diverted with the new delivery now straight to LaGuardia.

Well this is VERY odd. If I understand correctly, these buses are going to be part of the option order starting at 6126?

Something weird is going on with the artics in the bronx depots as the KB and WF are lending buses to each other.

5580, 5617, 5635, 5683, 5710, 5712-5713, 5715 and 5736 are on WF routes.

4758 and 5667 are on KB routes.

4758 (GH) to KB. Is that correct?

I could only think your mentioning 5758 which is WF if I'm correct

So I see FP got more RTS huh? Just saw 4955 on the B26 route. Thought they got rid of theirs, what's that about?

It's probably there to add more buses for the M Shuttle (or it could be 4995)

Edited by CH3348

It's probably there to add more buses for the M Shuttle (or it could be 4995)

4955 came from FLA. The only RTS reported in FP service is 4995, which is primarily for the M shuttle, but was pressed into service on the Q-58 last week due to a bus shortage at the depot. 9674 is also at FP, but not for service.

So... I have been observing this for 3 weeks and I don't know what's going on I've checked the Mta.info site for any construction and stuff but nothing and I went personally to check what's going on at Amsterdam and nothing is happening so I'm still wondering why the M101 is running on the M3 line at nights only is it a route channge or what? If anyone knows why that'll be helpful thanks.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I believe on Amsterdam Av from about W 183rd St to W 186th St, it's closed off to traffic except buses BUT I guess ALL M101s use St. Nicholas Av because that stretch must be closed overnight too...to ALL traffic. I believe Yeshiva University is there.

That's the only reason I can think of why the M101 would be running on St. Nicholas Av in that particular area.