MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have 4 97s still running. 9457, 9511, 9667 at Grand and 9674 at Fresh Pond. In addition 9503, 9580 and 9590 are non revenue buses at ENY.

5188 back to LG from JFK.

6110 at JFK and it will be seeing service as per my contact. 

This is very surprising.

Will this be for any additional artic service on the Q10? or will it be for Woodhaven Blvd service?

20916896_1595090563884388_579848859_n.jp

And this photo along with it being in the system at JFK states otherwise...

I'm not denying that it was at JFK, I'm just saying that as of my last post 6110, 6112, and 6114 are in the facility, probably preparing for service.

It could be in the system, but I'm not going to go crazy over it until it sees service in the next few days.

My apologies if I sounded like I doubted you, but I'm just stating what my eyes saw a few moments ago.

Edited by ShadeJay

I'm not denying that it was at JFK, I'm just saying that as of my last post 6110, 6112, and 6114 are in the facility, probably preparing for service.

It could be in the system, but I'm not going to go crazy over it until it sees service in the next few days.

My apologies if I sounded like I doubted you, but I'm just stating what my eyes saw a few moments ago.

Just know that when he posts info, its pretty accurate 99.9% of the time.

​It can't see service in the next few days unless the maintenance dept. and all the operators in the depot are qualified on the bus, which is doubtful.

793-795 to JG

Someone asked me about the Bus Co. D4500CT fleet but I can't remember who it was. They are spread out because Bus will eventually get more from TA or new ones if MCIbwins the next express contract.

CP has 2204, and 2209

This is very surprising.

Will this be for any additional artic service on the Q10? or will it be for Woodhaven Blvd service?

If you recall my SBS post from the 12th it really shouldn't be that surprising. I stated that LG was to borrow 40 options, and 13 or more out of this base order. My documents actually say MTA Bus, and my assumption was that it would be LG as originally planned. However, as I have stated and maintained from DAY 1. This route (Q52/53SBS) needs to be split out of both depots. So this is still developing, and I do not have all the details. 6110 is in fact assigned to JK as stated.

​It can't see service in the next few days unless the maintenance dept. and all the operators in the depot are qualified on the bus, which is doubtful.

They don't need full training. Just an overview as only the transmissions, destination sign manufacturers, and USB (locations) are different. Edited by East New York

They already have XD60s though, literally the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, brain fart.  But maintenance has to be trained, (not the operators) even if there is a slight difference.  It's not like the bus can be out on the road on Monday Aug. 21.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

OK, brain fart.  But maintenance has to be trained, (not the operators) even if there is a slight difference.  It's not like the bus can be out on the road on Monday Aug. 21.

You never know, stranger things have happened with new buses before.

793-795 to JG

Someone asked me about the Bus Co. D4500CT fleet but I can't remember who it was. They are spread out because Bus will eventually get more from TA or new ones if MCI wins the next express contract.

Hope that MTA bus does indeed get the MCI express bus order. If they can snatch some from Queens Village or Charleston or even Spring Creek than it would be excellent. I believe 2247-2250 are in the Bronx.

Hope that MTA bus does indeed get the MCI express bus order. If they can snatch some from Queens Village or Charleston or even Spring Creek than it would be excellent. I believe 2247-2250 are in the Bronx.

2247-8: Yonkers, 2249-50: Eastchester. 2 at each depot

*Also, was 788-789 reported at JG?

Edited by CH3348

OK, brain fart. But maintenance has to be trained, (not the operators) even if there is a slight difference. It's not like the bus can be out on the road on Monday Aug. 21.

Well just look at Gun Hill getting those few new XD60s. They have models from 4-5 years ago and still managed to get the 2017 models on the road in like 2-3 days, if not sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well just look at Gun Hill getting those few new XD60s. They have models from 4-5 years ago and still managed to get the 2017 models on the road in like 2-3 days, if not sooner.

Those are practically the same thing, that's why.

Not QV, but Castleton. QV's buses is still new, and if MCI wins that contract, I hope it's a DD13 with all green and yellow on the outside

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Not QV, but Castleton. QV's buses is still new, and if MCI wins that contract, I hope it's a DD13 with all green and yellow on the outside

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

DD13 is still having a hard time getting sold to the transit market. Very, very few properties have DD13.

@CH3348 - Im pretty sure 788 and 789 were reported. The are in as well.

As Cait said they are spec's nearly the same so they didn't even need an full overview. They went out on the road immediately upon delivery to GH. The 5 they have seem to always be out on the road too. I thought they only had 4 though. I guess I missed the 5th transfer.

As Cait said they are spec's nearly the same so they didn't even need an full overview. They went out on the road immediately upon delivery to GH. The 5 they have seem to always be out on the road too. I thought they only had 4 though. I guess I missed the 5th transfer.

One of them (I think 6119) was a transfer from OH.

Which has me asking this question....where the heck did 6113 go!?