MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

It's in the new SBS scheme.

All incoming buses by default will come in wearing the new scheme and the SBS scheme will be wrapped over it...well the lower half anyway

No, it depends on the bus. By default everything comes with the new colors period. Some of the 6110's have SBS wraps underneath the standard livery right now because they are going to Quill then ENY.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! I must say the new scheme fits the Novas better than the Xcelsiors surprisingly. I think its because of how the roofline is set up. That front scope and rear HVAC makes it look really good. Can’t wait to see how the blue and yellow splash stripes look on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, East New York said:

Lots of updates coming. New XD assignments, and there is an XHE40 demo on the property right now.

17 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Hydrogen Fuel Cell.

What the hell? ERRRRRRPPPPPPPP!!!!!!
I remember when the private companies tested this...
I wonder why the MTA wants to test this lol!

7 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

Last thing known about 5439 was a picture that was uploaded to Facebook.

{Credits to the Original Uploader}

Northeastern Bus Rebuilders on IG, is where that photo comes from originally.

I've delayed commenting on because we have a few more changes. The XN60 numbers are shifting a but as well. Just confirmed from Trevor and another industry executive that it is actually true. New numbers are 1016-1125. 

Wait till you hear what 1000-1015 will be! Major updates coming today and tomorrow.  

1019 is scheduled for JG, and 1020 is scheduled for WF. 

All is subject to a change and complete assignments will be discussed later. I will also talk about the LFSA's, XHE's, XE's, XDE's, and the all electric articulated test program. 

3 hours ago, East New York said:

I've delayed commenting on because we have a few more changes. The XN60 numbers are shifting a but as well. Just confirmed from Trevor and another industry executive that it is actually true. New numbers are 1016-1125. 

Wait till you hear what 1000-1015 will be! Major updates coming today and tomorrow.  

My guess is BYD's or XHE's. I guess we'll see soon if I'm right lol...