MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Is it me or College Point is really that short of buses and Spring Creek inherited those Gleason/West Farms buses. 

30 minutes ago, James Goodwin said:

How is College point short? That makes no sense. Every CNG bus depot is short on buses seemingly (including NICE's MF depot) except JG depot. 

These buses are to help provide service to the Q102 shuttle being operated between 30th ave and Queens Plaza while the astoria stations gets rebuilt. 

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I would like to know as well.  Those buses from Gleason/West Farms were supposed to be retired so what's up with Spring Creek?

Only reason I'm saying this is because the B103 carries a good crush load during most hours of the day and even thru the overnight.  I will not discredit to what Novabus is saying in lieu to the Q102 and the 2 stations that are closed on the Astroia line. But (10 buses) is way too much to take from 1 depot to send over to another. Those 76xx buses can crap out at anytime. Prime example 7657 crapping out in Canarsie about 2 months ago. 7619, 7624 both were in spring creek just became scrap as of late. 

Just now, Future ENY OP said:

Only reason I'm saying this is because the B103 carries a good crush load during most hours of the day and even thru the overnight.  I will not discredit to what Novabus is saying in lieu to the Q102 and the 2 stations that are closed on the Astroia line. But (10 buses) is way too much to take from 1 depot to send over to another. Those 76xx buses can crap out at anytime. Prime example 7657 crapping out in Canarsie about 2 months ago. 7619, 7624 both were in spring creek just became scrap as of late. 

The thing that doesn't make any sense is they can't possibly use all of those CNG buses on the B100 and B103, and even if they need to send some of those buses out to the manufacturer or what have you, there still should be no need to take those old run down buses from Gleason and West Farms.  Just another example of poor logistics.  

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The thing that doesn't make any sense is they can't possibly use all of those CNG buses on the B100 and B103, and even if they need to send some of those buses out to the manufacturer or what have you, there still should be no need to take those old run down buses from Gleason and West Farms.  Just another example of poor logistics.  

In full agreement. If anything, send the newer 2004/2005 buses over to MTA bus since the XN60's are coming in. 1016 is already in the Bronx, 1019 should be on its way to Brooklyn in a matter of days. 

5 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

This is the first I hear of the Q102 shuttle. I don't recall seeing it on the posters. Is it a short-turn or just extra service?

I believe it would be for extra service and if there's a G/O affecting Queens (N) service during the weekends.

2 hours ago, R323776 said:

I caught 515 on the Q65 yesterday and 520 on the Q34 today, so these buses might not probably be just for the Q102 shuttle route.

They aren't gonna be assigned Exclusive to the shuttle. They are getting more buses added to their pool so they can cover service on the lines they have AND the shuttle. 

Edited by Jdog14

17 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Is it me or College Point is really that short of buses and Spring Creek inherited those Gleason/West Farms buses. 

On top of what Jdog14 said, CP is not short. Normally when they are short, they use LaGuardia buses. The amount of VIIs Spring Creek has in service now is a little more than what they let go to CP. They essentially had a surplus of buses. SC currently has 15 of the best operational VIIs in service with tanks that have not yet expired.

Edited by Cait Sith

16 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

This is the first I hear of the Q102 shuttle. I don't recall seeing it on the posters. Is it a short-turn or just extra service?

It's extra service. It only runs between 30th Avenue and Queens Plaza.

1 minute ago, James Goodwin said:

Perhaps the rest will follow. There are rumors that some 2004 Orion VII OG hybrids will end up at MTA bus.

That would have to happen at the least when the next XD40 bus order commences. We talking mid-2018 for this one at the least. Possibly earlier the way New Flyer works. 

4 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I'm honestly sort of surprised the JFK RTS did not fully retire yet. With the move of the 99 RTS at LGA, the 96 ones may be replaced by XD60s and shifted OGs likely.

The XDs will wipe out the 96s. The 99s are supposed to go back to transit and some more hybrids will go to eastchester