MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Train92 said:

7483 to FB

7 4 8 3   IS NOT HERE... I was just in Flatbush and the bus is not here, in fact it hasn't even been delivered yet. Its on its way yes, maybe sometime early next week. BUT it is and I REPEAT, not here. (Gotta know how to decipher the information you guys are getting from "that site.")

Edited by The Real

29 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

8073 saw service on the M42. I know it's a test but what kind is it? 

Nova LFS.  Check the roster page.   2011 sent from Jamaica.  Roster has not reflected it yet.  Save the URL below.

https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

1 minute ago, MHV184 said:

Is Quill finally finding alternative buses to run on the 66/72 instead of those Rts's?

Yes. Like I said earlier, 8073 is running on the M66. 

And I did hear a rumor that the RTS at Quill were finish (which I don't believe) but now I see that may not be the case thanks to @KingNas.

19 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Yes. Like I said earlier, 8073 is running on the M66. 

And I did hear a rumor that the RTS at Quill were finish (which I don't believe) but now I see that may not be the case thanks to @KingNas.

This is all very interesting I wonder if they are going to retire those Rts's soon

I could see some RTSes shuffling in and out of Quill (50xx, 51xx buses), but I'm gonna be surprised as hell if the 5200-5249 series leaves. Those hand-me-downs from LGA and Jamaica are pretty beat, but some of those later-build 1999 buses are still in phenomenal shape, and Quill ops love those things. If I were betting, they'd be around until they retire--those 1994 TMCs basically stuck it out there (very few went to MTAB), same with some rebuilds in the past. Lots of ops with serious seniority who won't want to give up the fleet entirely.

7 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

I could see some RTSes shuffling in and out of Quill (50xx, 51xx buses), but I'm gonna be surprised as hell if the 5200-5249 series leaves. Those hand-me-downs from LGA and Jamaica are pretty beat, but some of those later-build 1999 buses are still in phenomenal shape, and Quill ops love those things. If I were betting, they'd be around until they retire--those 1994 TMCs basically stuck it out there (very few went to MTAB), same with some rebuilds in the past. Lots of ops with serious seniority who won't want to give up the fleet entirely.

If I were a bettor in this situation. I could see the quill RTS heading to Jamaica, Ulmer Park and Grand Avenue. Only reason I'm leaving Flatbush and East New York out for now is b/c XD40 option order will start in Flatbush and makes it way up the rest of the Brooklyn Division and East New York for XD60's and that is still undetermined. 

EC and LGA really messed up those buses.