MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

So even with all the time it spent up there, 7483 didn't even get USB ports installed? At least when 5439 came with the old scheme, it featured that.

7483 spent its time touring with New Flyer around the country so even if, there wasn't really an opportunity to ground the bus for USBs.

1 minute ago, OIG119 said:
6 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I wonder what depot its going to go to? Be nice to see it in Flatbush. 

It's supposed to go to MJQ for the M42.

To add on, Flatbush isn't slated for any electric buses.

If all goes per the last plan I heard for the electric buses, it'll start at MQ for the M42 like OIG119 said, then it'll swap depots with the Proterras and run on the B32 and B39 out of Grand Avenue afterwards.

Beyond that, the only other route that could possibly get electric buses is the B42, but that's out of EN, not FB.

4 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

To add on, Flatbush isn't slated for any electric buses.

If all goes per the last plan I heard for the electric buses, it'll start at MQ for the M42 like OIG119 said, then it'll swap depots with the Proterras and run on the B32 and B39 out of Grand Avenue afterwards.

Beyond that, the only other route that could possibly get electric buses is the B42, but that's out of EN, not FB.

They moved the 42 to eny? I didn't realized that. 

Starting this coming pick the M31 will go to OH and the M86S will go to Quill.

The LFS transfers to Quill are temporary as of right now until the option orders commended. JA is in line to get the new LFS' first.

It appears that Quill could now be in line for some Xcelsiors. It is still unclear at this time where all 20 of the XDE40/60 hybrid test pilots will go. I'm being told they will all be in Manhattan and assignments are not in stone. However, preliminary word is MQ and MV could split the XDE40's or MV get all of them, and the XDE60's to MQ and/or possibly OF. Again the only thing I'm hearing is final is they will all be in Manhattan. EN would be the only candidate from another borough.

I am also being told these buses will have regular fleet numbers as they will be out pilot buses for the next hybrid order for 200 standard buses. Preliminarily we are looking at 6906-6910, but this could change. The first bus or two should now be complete with a handover scheduled for February. 

On 12/11/2017 at 2:18 PM, Cait Sith said:

It's spec'd the exact same as the rest of the 2015 order, nothing special.

Option order starts at 7484(allegedly). There's gotta be some sort of story behind this one. It was built in August of 2015.

7483 is a replacement bus that we are just now getting. It is in fact a 2015 unit spec'd as Cait Sith mentioned. The option order will now start at 7484 from what I am being told.

57 minutes ago, East New York said:

Starting this coming pick the M31 will go to OH and the M86S will go to Quill.

The LFS transfers to Quill are temporary as of right now until the option orders commended. JA is in line to get the new LFS' first.

Is there any word on why Stengel has LFS? It has seen service for only  a night. Is the LFS at Stengel like for storage or for training and service? I’m trying to get pictures of the LFS at Stengel because it is definitely an odd move.

1 minute ago, TofuRails said:

Is there any word on why Stengel has LFS? It has seen service for only  a night. Is the LFS at Stengel like for storage or for training and service? I’m trying to get pictures of the LFS at Stengel because it is definitely an odd move.

Either storage or loans. CS just got rid of their LFSA because they don't want them there anymore.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain