MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Can anyone confirm that 1020 is at WF and / or is in service? I know it's on the TTMG roster but I just wanted to make sure it's actually there.

Well it was recently seen being driven to NYC.

Also, as I'm sure you know, TTMG is pretty accurate most of the time so I'd certainly trust what they say.

5 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Can anyone confirm that 1020 is at WF and / or is in service? I know it's on the TTMG roster but I just wanted to make sure it's actually there.

Not quite sure if it is. But if it is, it has not hit service as of yet. 1016 remains to be the only one in service.

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

1020 is definitely at the Farms... It's been driving around the Bronx and even Queens the last few weeks (I assume for driver training)

I figured the same thing. Let it be for training before they get the buses for regular service in a few months. 

On 3/14/2018 at 10:33 PM, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

It is. However I know that there are quite a few new members so you don't really know how the "Double-Pilot" program works. Again it was created with the 7090+ batch of XD40's. 

1016-1020 are the 5 pilot buses of the order. This means at least one bus is guaranteed for in-service testing and the others are for audit, maintenance and blueprint. 1020 has been operational just as long as 1016, and is now being used for maintenance and driver training. 1017-1019 could come or go back to the vendor or manufacturer facility at any time. Just like 5439-5442, 5987- 5990, 7091-7093, 8090-8093 etc. 

21 hours ago, East New York said:

It is. However I know that there are quite a few new members so you don't really know how the "Double-Pilot" program works. Again it was created with the 7090+ batch of XD40's. 

1016-1020 are the 5 pilot buses of the order. This means at least one bus is guaranteed for in-service testing and the others are for audit, maintenance and blueprint. 1020 has been operational just as long as 1016, and is now being used for maintenance and driver training. 1017-1019 could come or go back to the vendor or manufacturer facility at any time. Just like 5439-5442, 5987- 5990, 7091-7093, 8090-8093 etc. 

I know about the double pilot program, it's just that we usually see only one pilot bus in service and at the depot until the order actually starts. Seeing 1020 on the roster at WF threw me off for some reason but I guess we're past the 90-day in-service testing so anything can happen. Plus I don't think I was expecting any of these to go to West Farms until May after that post in the Fleet and Depots thread.

46 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

No.... Those are permanent at MJQ. Refer to the roster.

I literally just saw 4137 at Manhattanville yesterday as well as 4454. Also why does MJQ even need those when they have a lot of buses barely even in use

8 hours ago, MHV184 said:

I literally just saw 4137 at Manhattanville yesterday as well as 4454. Also why does MJQ even need those when they have a lot of buses barely even in use

Every pick they assess which depots need extra buses on top of their spare factor and make it happen. This would be part of the reason why there's oddball buses at a depot. 

5 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Every pick they assess which depots need extra buses on top of their spare factor and make it happen. This would be part of the reason why there's oddball buses at a depot. 

I see... thanks for the explanation.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:33 PM, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

On 3/15/2018 at 2:25 AM, Orion6025 said:

Well it was recently seen being driven to NYC.

Also, as I'm sure you know, TTMG is pretty accurate most of the time so I'd certainly trust what they say.

On 3/15/2018 at 3:50 AM, Cait Sith said:

Not quite sure if it is. But if it is, it has not hit service as of yet. 1016 remains to be the only one in service.

On 3/15/2018 at 9:20 AM, Around the Horn said:

1020 is definitely at the Farms... It's been driving around the Bronx and even Queens the last few weeks (I assume for driver training)

It WAS at WF. It is now back at the vendor in JFK Airport. 

Welcome to spring everyone! This is where it always gets fun for me. Lots of moves coming forth. I'm not going to do them all in one post as things are changing. So let's start with College Point and move around They need some loaners to cover service changes. 

I'm only going to reference transfer-from depots if necessary. 

3380, 3396, 3397 in

3543, 3625, 3667, 3754, 3781 in

5192 in from EC.