Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
T J Trainman

MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers. Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Message added by Cait Sith

Recommended Posts

On 3/13/2018 at 11:26 AM, East New York said:

5934, 5935 MQ to WF

...and is now at Gun Hill.    Disregard this post.

Edited by The TransitMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

...and is now at Gun Hill.    Disregard this post.

It may have been a loan. For some reason 5960 and 5670 have GH stickers but were WF units for months.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Can anyone confirm that 1020 is at WF and / or is in service? I know it's on the TTMG roster but I just wanted to make sure it's actually there.

Well it was recently seen being driven to NYC.

Also, as I'm sure you know, TTMG is pretty accurate most of the time so I'd certainly trust what they say.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Can anyone confirm that 1020 is at WF and / or is in service? I know it's on the TTMG roster but I just wanted to make sure it's actually there.

Not quite sure if it is. But if it is, it has not hit service as of yet. 1016 remains to be the only one in service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

1020 is definitely at the Farms... It's been driving around the Bronx and even Queens the last few weeks (I assume for driver training)

I figured the same thing. Let it be for training before they get the buses for regular service in a few months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2018 at 10:33 PM, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Can anyone confirm that 1020 is at WF and / or is in service? I know it's on the TTMG roster but I just wanted to make sure it's actually there.

It is. However I know that there are quite a few new members so you don't really know how the "Double-Pilot" program works. Again it was created with the 7090+ batch of XD40's. 

1016-1020 are the 5 pilot buses of the order. This means at least one bus is guaranteed for in-service testing and the others are for audit, maintenance and blueprint. 1020 has been operational just as long as 1016, and is now being used for maintenance and driver training. 1017-1019 could come or go back to the vendor or manufacturer facility at any time. Just like 5439-5442, 5987- 5990, 7091-7093, 8090-8093 etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, East New York said:

It is. However I know that there are quite a few new members so you don't really know how the "Double-Pilot" program works. Again it was created with the 7090+ batch of XD40's. 

1016-1020 are the 5 pilot buses of the order. This means at least one bus is guaranteed for in-service testing and the others are for audit, maintenance and blueprint. 1020 has been operational just as long as 1016, and is now being used for maintenance and driver training. 1017-1019 could come or go back to the vendor or manufacturer facility at any time. Just like 5439-5442, 5987- 5990, 7091-7093, 8090-8093 etc. 

I know about the double pilot program, it's just that we usually see only one pilot bus in service and at the depot until the order actually starts. Seeing 1020 on the roster at WF threw me off for some reason but I guess we're past the 90-day in-service testing so anything can happen. Plus I don't think I was expecting any of these to go to West Farms until May after that post in the Fleet and Depots thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

No.... Those are permanent at MJQ. Refer to the roster.

I literally just saw 4137 at Manhattanville yesterday as well as 4454. Also why does MJQ even need those when they have a lot of buses barely even in use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MHV184 said:

I literally just saw 4137 at Manhattanville yesterday as well as 4454. Also why does MJQ even need those when they have a lot of buses barely even in use

Every pick they assess which depots need extra buses on top of their spare factor and make it happen. This would be part of the reason why there's oddball buses at a depot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Every pick they assess which depots need extra buses on top of their spare factor and make it happen. This would be part of the reason why there's oddball buses at a depot. 

I see... thanks for the explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2018 at 10:33 PM, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Can anyone confirm that 1020 is at WF and / or is in service? I know it's on the TTMG roster but I just wanted to make sure it's actually there.

 

On 3/15/2018 at 2:25 AM, Orion6025 said:

Well it was recently seen being driven to NYC.

Also, as I'm sure you know, TTMG is pretty accurate most of the time so I'd certainly trust what they say.

 

On 3/15/2018 at 3:50 AM, Cait Sith said:

Not quite sure if it is. But if it is, it has not hit service as of yet. 1016 remains to be the only one in service.

 

On 3/15/2018 at 9:20 AM, Around the Horn said:

1020 is definitely at the Farms... It's been driving around the Bronx and even Queens the last few weeks (I assume for driver training)

It WAS at WF. It is now back at the vendor in JFK Airport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 1:18 PM, Future ENY OP said:

No.... Those are permanent at MJQ. Refer to the roster.

Just because its listed on the roster, doesn't make it permanent.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to spring everyone! This is where it always gets fun for me. Lots of moves coming forth. I'm not going to do them all in one post as things are changing. So let's start with College Point and move around They need some loaners to cover service changes. 

I'm only going to reference transfer-from depots if necessary. 

3380, 3396, 3397 in

3543, 3625, 3667, 3754, 3781 in

5192 in from EC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.