MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Novabus 5000 said:

The M shuttle ends at the end of the month. However it is now overtime and not picked work so Grand hasn’t been sending out the attics as much. Maybe one or two a day if even that.

6083 and 6087 to Quill

So (M) shuttle overtime will be divided with the rest of the Brooklyn Division.  Before you know it the rest of the attics can go to their original depots.

They need to send 1 to East New York for training. I read somewhere not too long ago 6030 was at ENY training?

5 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

So (M) shuttle overtime will be divided with the rest of the Brooklyn Division.  Before you know it the rest of the attics can go to their original depots.

They need to send 1 to East New York for training. I read somewhere not too long ago 6030 was at ENY training?

Yeah ENY said it was there and East Nee York depot is actually artic ready. I believe the original plan was to send the artics from grand to ENY after the shuttle but things changed. I guess being how the mta is getting the XN60s and the current lfsa order is wrapping up they want to bump out the old buses from sbs service and then bump out the d60s to where ever. Originally we were supposed to get the pilot for the next XD60 order but that’s not happening until next year. So all in all I think at this point wait until all the orders are finished for this year. 

But things could change. 

1 minute ago, Brillant93 said:

Yeah ENY said it was there and East New York depot is actually artic ready. I believe the original plan was to send the artics from grand to ENY after the shuttle but things changed. I guess being how the mta is getting the XN60s and the current lfsa order is wrapping up they want to bump out the old buses from sbs service and then bump out the d60s to where ever. Originally we were supposed to get the pilot for the next XD60 order but that’s not happening until next year. So all in all I think at this point wait until all the orders are finished for this year. 

But things could change. 

Honestly, from what I read that Grand Avenue artics would go to MQ. Whatever is left will be divided with the 2 depots.. TU for their batch and East New York for their batch.

I'm confused... Another pilot for the XD60 order for next year? (Guess I need to refer to the first page of the fleet thread)

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Honestly, from what I read that Grand Avenue artics would go to MQ. Whatever is left will be divided with the 2 depots.. TU for their batch and East New York for their batch.

I'm confused... Another pilot for the XD60 order for next year? (Guess I need to refer to the first page of the fleet thread)

On the fleet and depot thread ENY said things changed with the current flow of orders. He said that the mta is going to push back the next XD60 order until next year because the MTA wanted the new Lfsa and XN60 to bump out the buses to where ever. So the pilot for the next order wouldn’t be here until next year. The original, oringal plan was the buses to go to grand, quill, then ENY. But then they were probably going to ENY for a temp plan. But being how the B82sbs is starting out with 40 footers it probably won’t become an artic route until next year. Then you have the current shit show with the B82 sbs opposition so who knows what will happen now. 

55 minutes ago, T J Trainman said:

Confirmed. 6083 and 6087 are at MJQ.

Unless 6083 moved from GA to MJQ in the span of two hours, it's still at GA. I rode it on the (M) Shuttle at around 6:30 PM today.

Again, it could have totally moved to MJQ within two hours since I last saw it, but I just want to make sure it's actually physically there at MJQ and not just in the system at MJQ.

10 minutes ago, MJQ5218 said:

3906 is running on the M4 bus route right know as I type. The bus is from Quill. 2 days ago it was and rts 5236. Why is MJQ running on the M4 more often now?

Does it have MHV decals.. If not, more than likely it is a LOAN. Just as 5236 was a LOAN than returned to MJQ the same evening.