Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
T J Trainman

MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers. Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Message added by Cait Sith

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

4136. Yes.  

4132  No. (That was always a Queens Division bus). My question was already answered this morning if you read the post correctly. But thanks tho. 

4132 was a Staten Island Division bus before it went to Queens.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

4132 was a Staten Island Division bus before it went to Queens.

Something made me think that it was originally an Staten Island Division bus before going to Queens.  Thank You for the correction. If my memory serves me correct. Yukon sent down 4132, 4136 to Queens, 4134, 4138, 4139 to Brooklyn, 4137 to Manhattan. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

4136. Yes.  

4132  No. (That was always a Queens Division bus). My question was already answered this morning if you read the post correctly. But thanks tho. 

 

3 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

4132 was a Staten Island Division bus before it went to Queens.

Yukon originally had #4092-4139, which sent #3852-3901 to Manhattanville and Flatbush (#3900-3901)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, T J Trainman said:

6089, 6093, and 6095 MJQ to CS.

What's with all these buses heading to Queens. Is there a surplus in service for the Q44? Cuz I know Q12 is not close to artic ready and I would be surprised if I saw an artic going down Northern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

What's with all these buses heading to Queens. Is there a surplus in service for the Q44? Cuz I know Q12 is not close to artic ready and I would be surprised if I saw an artic going down Northern. 

Why didn’t they send them to Tuskegee Airmen Depot already? Aren’t buses 6030-6108 supposed to go there and get the D60HF buses out to retirement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Why didn’t they send them to Tuskegee Airmen Depot already? Aren’t buses 6030-6108 supposed to go there and get the D60HF buses out to retirement?

I'm confused as you are. However, this is the (MTA) for you. Things gets wacky with assignments before they go to actual destinations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Q52/53 may receive new articulateds for the next order moving the even units they have to other NYCT depots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Calvin said:

The Q52/53 may receive new articulateds for the next order moving the even units they have to other NYCT depots

I’m not sure about the next order going to the Woodhaven Blvd SBS routes, but moving the current buses they have is definitely the plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I’m not sure about the next order going to the Woodhaven Blvd SBS routes, but moving the current buses they have is definitely the plan.

They're supposed to go to MTA Bus to bump off the other XD60s back to their original assignments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

They're supposed to go to MTA Bus to bump off the other XD60s back to their original assignments.

That’s great, but why are buses 5987-5990 going to LG Depot, even thought they are intended to stay at CS? Were plans for the XD60 changed today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

That’s great, but why are buses 5987-5990 going to LG Depot, even thought they are intended to stay at CS? Were plans for the XD60 changed today?

Nothing is intended to stay anywhere. Swaps can happen for various reasons. This is likely a mileage swap happening, seeing as some of the lowest mileage XD60s made their way to CS.

Edited by Cait Sith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Orion6025 said:

Is there any chance that JFK will get extra XD60s for q52 sbs and q35 summer service?

I doubt it, they have 15 buses, 8 of which are used during the rush hour. With the spare factor they have, they can use those buses if there's a service increase for the Q52.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cait Sith said:

I doubt it, they have 15 buses, 8 of which are used during the rush hour. With the spare factor they have, they can use those buses if there's a service increase for the Q52.

In that case, they would have 3 buses for spares left. I don’t think that is an acceptable spare factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

In that case, they would have 3 buses for spares left. I don’t think that is an acceptable spare factor.

That depends on if the Q52 even gets service increases, and by how much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

That depends on if the Q52 even gets service increases, and by how much.

Even then they would still need to have a certain spare ration or else reliability problems with the buses occur.

Do you think that the not-yet-awarded 53 XD60 bus order for MTA Bus will even include more than enough buses for summer service increases?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Even then they would still need to have a certain spare ration or else reliability problems with the buses occur.

Do you think that the not-yet-awarded 53 XD60 bus order for MTA Bus will even include more than enough buses for summer service increases?

Well its not like they dont have buses running in TA that BC can't use so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Even then they would still need to have a certain spare ration or else reliability problems with the buses occur.

Do you think that the not-yet-awarded 53 XD60 bus order for MTA Bus will even include more than enough buses for summer service increases?

That's not true.

LGA's spare factor with the XD60s is relatively low, between 3-5 buses, and they've been doing alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.