MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

Jesus Christ, MJQ is a hungry b*tch when it comes to new buses... They seriously wanna get everything.

4 minutes ago, Calvin said:

6115, 6121 is what's left to be moved to Quill

Those buses were oos for half a month. They need to go elsewhere whether it be Quill or MTA.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

1 hour ago, WestFarms36 said:

Jesus Christ, MJQ is a hungry b*tch when it comes to new buses... They seriously wanna get everything.

Not really....they just lost several Xcelsiors, they gotta fill that gap. Those will probably go straight into SBS service.

Looking like the end of an era finally here at Quill. My understanding is that 5593 is the only potentially active D60HF left, and even that's been sitting inactive at least since Friday, which is the last day any D60s ran. 5535, 5548, and 5594 were all last moved around the depot Monday but have either left the premises or been mothballed. 

6 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Looking like the end of an era finally here at Quill. My understanding is that 5593 is the only potentially active D60HF left, and even that's been sitting inactive at least since Friday, which is the last day any D60s ran. 5535, 5548, and 5594 were all last moved around the depot Monday but have either left the premises or been mothballed. 

Dang. I used to ride those on the M79 all the time-when the Novas came I disliked them as they had much darker lighting and looked uglier. Now I understand they must go, but it still sucks that they and the RTSs will be gone soon... the Orion VIIs on the M7/10/104 will be the only buses I regularly rode still in service.

9 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Aw s#!t 😢. Well to be honest they weren't in good condition and really have to be retired but that aside from that, man I'm gonna miss them... All those Quill crosstowns just won't be the same without D60s.... M23 pre-SBS, the M14s, M79........ Well all good things have to come to an end.

When it hits Memorial Day up to Labor Day, the Rockaway beach is open to the public and buses get packed. For the Q53, there's more but not like before with the standard buses.

Edited by Calvin

10 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Some moves via TTMG update:

4082, 4416 to WF

6884 to CS

3962, 3964-3965 to CS

601 to SC

I see CS is getting their OG hybrids back at least one. Also why does West Farms need 4082 and 4416?