MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

5 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Are the announcements the same program as the ones on the 73xx buses for the B46 SBS?

Negative.. This one is a bit different. Cant remember who has the contract for the new announcements.

However, these announcements are better than the 73xx buses.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Negative.. This one is a bit different. Cant remember who has the contract for the new announcements.

However, these announcements are better than the 73xx buses.

Okay. From what I heard from videos of 7484, they appear to be the same voice as the ones from the Nova LFSA buses that were on the Q44 SBS until 2017.

But why don’t these new announcements announce transfers at stops that are transfer points, especially at ones that serve subway stations?

8 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Okay. From what I heard from videos of 7484, they appear to be the same voice as the ones from the Nova LFSA buses that were on the Q44 SBS until 2017.

But why don’t these new announcements announce transfers at stops that are transfer points, especially at ones that serve subway stations?

Probably omitted because it was too much of a mouthful to keep saying transfers at major hubs.

4 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Probably omitted because it was too much of a mouthful to keep saying transfers at major hubs.

Last i recalled, saying 4 subway lines and two bus lines at Eastern Pkwy on the B46 SBS was not a mouthful.

And without announcing transfers, passengers on the bus will get confused as to where to get off, especially tourists in Manhattan. Remember, not everybody on the bus is a native New Yorker who knows the bus system perfectly. The map can be confusing, so that’s why they need to announce the transfers. A little goes a long way in increasing ridership.

18 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

OK.. In my situation I took the B46 Southbound to KP. The announcements do a great job providing connections to subway and other lines along the 46.

Got on at Eastern Parkway (3)(4) and got off at Flatlands Ave. I gotta ride it northbound one day soon.

16 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

OK.. In my situation I took the B46 Southbound to KP. The announcements do a great job providing connections to subway and other lines along the 46.

Got on at Eastern Parkway (3)(4) and got off at Flatlands Ave. I gotta ride it northbound one day soon.

You were on the newer XD40s (76xx) it the older XD40s (73xx)?

With all these XD40's coming in to push the RTS's out, are there any chances of the RTS's getting moved up to any of the Bronx depots to live out their final days?

My bet is that WF could pick up a handful when the O7 CNG's retire, b/c if WF is planning on making the Bx-6 SBS an all XN60 fleet, I would think it would take a few weeks to unwrap the current Bx-6 SBS fleet (720-736).

Who knows....it's a interesting idea, that probably won't happen lmao 

9 hours ago, MTABusFan925 said:

With all these XD40's coming in to push the RTS's out, are there any chances of the RTS's getting moved up to any of the Bronx depots to live out their final days?

My bet is that WF could pick up a handful when the O7 CNG's retire, b/c if WF is planning on making the Bx-6 SBS an all XN60 fleet, I would think it would take a few weeks to unwrap the current Bx-6 SBS fleet (720-736).

Who knows....it's a interesting idea, that probably won't happen lmao 

RTS staying in Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan for now unless things change.  West Farms sent out its last RTS last year to Jamaica and East New York.  

If not mentioned:

5525 to MQ

6440 QV to CS

55 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

RTS staying in Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan for now unless things change.  West Farms sent out its last RTS last year to Jamaica and East New York.  

You never know with WF. We have said “they sent the last RTS out,” like 6 times now over the last few years. Lol

Edited by East New York

11 minutes ago, East New York said:

If not mentioned:

5525 to MQ

6440 QV to CS

You never know with WF. We have said “they sent the last RTS out,” like 6 times now over the last few years. Lol

You are correct. WF is usually the wild card with this RTS thing. Thank You for the reminder. 

14 hours ago, limitednyc said:

why is kb only getting handydown  artics to replace 2003's?

Because SBS is priority at the moment, all other artic lines will shuffle the older buses the foreseeable future. The only artics we don’t have an assignment for through 2020 are the 15 all electric buses. 

8 hours ago, MHV184 said:

6748-6749 MCH to MV 

Correct me if I'm wrong 

That is correct, in addition to 6753.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:39 AM, East New York said:

Because SBS is priority at the moment, all other artic lines will shuffle the older buses the foreseeable future. The only artics we don’t have an assignment for through 2020 are the 15 all electric buses. 

Question... if SBS is the priority, how come MCH has yet to receive new or even hand me downs for the M15+? Seem like they are long overdue for something.

2 hours ago, M4Limited said:

Question... if SBS is the priority, how come MCH has yet to receive new or even hand me downs for the M15+? Seem like they are long overdue for something.

They’re getting new XD60s soon ; it’s in the MTA Fleets and Depot Discussion 

3 hours ago, M4Limited said:

They've recieved a few hand-me-down 2011 and 2012 LFS-A, granted very few