MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

1 hour ago, Navigator81 said:

From my understanding the 73XX are going to UP which would retire the some of their RTS and when UP get their new 76's or 77's the rest of the RTS will retire from UP. Rumors are going around the B46SBS are going Artic and FB suppose to transfer out the 53's and getting the 61's and the 76's will go to local service which will retire their RTS.

The last part isn't rumored its fact that the B46 SBS is going artic partially. They would be getting like 57 of newer artics which would push out the existing artics FB have into local service. The newer XD40 isn't likely to go into local service since they are specifically for the B46 SBS. 

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

The last part isn't rumored its fact that the B46 SBS is going artic partially. They would be getting like 57 of newer artics which would push out the existing artics FB have into local service. The newer XD40 isn't likely to go into local service since they are specifically for the B46 SBS. 

What is missing here not all of the 73xx buses are leaving FB. As of right now: Ulmer Park is getting 20 of FB’s 73xx buses. Also East New York already has 7361-7365. (FB has 7356-7360) I would expect 7356-7360 to go East New York. Ulmer Park already has 7348-7355, and some more of that batch will head to Ulmer. Flatbush will more likely retain the lower 73xx buses along with the 76xx buses that are coming in. 

From what I'm noticing, this is how the XD-40 exchange looks like for now:

*At Flatbush, a new XD-40 is delivered -> removes the wrap from a previous SBS unit around the 7300 series -> bumps off an XD-40 to ENY or UP (7348-7365)

The 7300s that were moved are early preparation units for RTS removal. 

Edited by Calvin

12 minutes ago, Calvin said:

From what I'm noticing, this is how the XD-40 exchange looks like for now:

*At Flatbush, a new XD-40 is delivered -> removes the wrap from a previous SBS unit around the 7300 series -> bumps off an XD-40 to ENY or UP (7348-7365)

The 7300s that were moved are early preparation units for RTS removal. 

Maybe you’re right. Maybe this will cultivate into UP becoming 100% XD40 buses (for the local bus service). Here’s how I derived that theory.

UP has 67 RTS buses. They are set to receive 20 XD40 buses from FB. 40 new ones are expected come during 2018-2019. If my math is correct, almost all RTS buses will be retired from that depot, thus leaving UP with almost all XD40 buses.

2 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Maybe you’re right. Maybe this will cultivate into UP becoming 100% XD40 buses (for the local bus service). Here’s how I derived that theory.

UP has 67 RTS buses. They are set to receive 20 XD40 buses from FB. 40 new ones are expected come during 2018-2019. If my math is correct, almost all RTS buses will be retired from that depot, thus leaving UP with almost all XD40 buses.

RIP ZF RTS. We know they will be gone soon if this plan goes through.

I haven't been keeping track of what's new and what's been at FB for the past couple of weeks but here's the list of what xd40s at FB:

7619-7625, 7629-7630, 7632-7635, 7637-7642, 7651 (20)

(Sorry if this is duplicate info. Maybe this could serve as a summary of their progress so far, idk).

everything above at least 7335 is unwrapped from SBS service

4 minutes ago, East New York said:

0023 has arrived at Zerega. After approval it will head to it's first of 2 depots for demo testing. Yes it is in the new colors, which I am not a fan of on the express fleet.

That’s great. The time has come for new express buses once again.