MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, East New York said:

0023 has arrived at Zerega. After approval it will head to it's first of 2 depots for demo testing. Yes it is in the new colors, which I am not a fan of on the express fleet.

Great news on this. Hopefully one of the Staten Island Depots and Ulmer Park get selected for the demo.  Too bad we won’t be getting anymore D4500CT’s. The new CRT LE is 🔥🔥

Edited by Future ENY OP

3 hours ago, The Real said:

0023, A MTA Bus Depot and an NYC Bus Depot is what I'm told for testing.

NYMTA_MCI_0023.jpg

NYMTA_MCI_0023b.jpg

The design of the bus looks nice, but the colors are disgusting to me. Nothing was wrong with the white and blue stripe earlier... just another attempt by Prince Andy to stateify the livery to make it seem like he cares about the MTA.

23 minutes ago, R68OnBroadway said:

The design of the bus looks nice, but the colors are disgusting to me. Nothing was wrong with the white and blue stripe earlier... just another attempt by Prince Andy to stateify the livery to make it seem like he cares about the MTA.

The old blue and white livery is dated and it was definitely time for a change. The new colors are much more attractive, even though I think the express scheme could be much better. 

1 minute ago, East New York said:

The old blue and white livery is dated and it was definitely time for a change. The new colors are much more attractive, even though I think the express scheme could be much better. 

When I meant the old livery was better and the new once sucked, I meant it for the express buses only.  Local buses look ok with the new livery... It's just that this express buses's colors look like a monstrosity. 

On 6/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, Future ENY OP said:

Great news on this. Hopefully one of the Staten Island Depots and Ulmer Park get selected for the demo.  Too bad we won’t be getting anymore D4500CT’s. The new CRT LE is 🔥🔥

Seeing as the next major express order is for Bus Company (257 buses) I see it going to a Bus Company depot and possibly 1 TA depot. The next TA express order next year is for 50 buses only. These could end up being Double Deckers for Staten island while Bus could end up with new MCI's or Prevosts.

I finally saw one of the old FB XD40’s now in ENY. 7362 working the B65. 

3 hours ago, East New York said:

Seeing as the next major express order is for Bus Company (257 buses) I see it going to a Bus Company depot and possibly 1 TA depot. The next TA express order next year is for 50 buses only. These could end up being Double Deckers for Staten island while Bus could end up with new MCI's or Prevosts.

I could definitely see the CRT LE’s at Eastchester, Yonkers, College Point and maybe SPRING CREEK. As for the (NYCT) depot. Send it to Ulmer Park. 

Double Deckers to: Charleston and Yukon. 

If there was consideration for D4500CT’s again send to other (MTA) divisions. (I know we’ve spoken about this and I know this won’t happen) 

Facility update: 1079 parked. 

42 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I finally saw one of the old FB XD40’s now in ENY. 7362 working the B65. 

I could definitely see the CRT LE’s at Eastchester, Yonkers, College Point and maybe SPRING CREEK. As for the (NYCT) depot. Send it to Ulmer Park. 

Double Deckers to: Charleston and Yukon. 

If there was consideration for D4500CT’s again send to other (MTA) divisions. (I know we’ve spoken about this and I know this won’t happen) 

Facility update: 1079 parked. 

I'm gonna have to get used to the CRT LE. Resembles the J series (which I don't really like), but it is what it is. I really like the CT's, especially the ones with the newer headlight design (like NJT and CT transit have), those would be killer. Another thing I dislike is the apparent scrap of the express bus scheme. Now was the chance to distinguish the express buses from the local buses, and they blew it.

At least the wheelchair accessibility is much easier.

On 6/15/2018 at 4:17 PM, R68OnBroadway said:

these buses, more than any other express or local model, NEEDS to keep the alcoa's for heavens sake. i think these buses will look like utter hogshite with the standard white rims