MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Do you really think that these XDE40 buses will be assigned to one route only?

No but its not completely impossible. Operating on all the routes will give the best result (B24 has highway. bridge climbing, B39 has traffic and bridge B47 has hills and etc)

Edited by Jdog14

5 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

No but its not completely impossible. Operating on all the routes will give the best result (B24 has highway. bridge climbing, B39 has traffic and bridge B47 has hills and etc)

And we have two hybrid systems that that MTA wants to test: a Allison parallel and the new BAE series hybrid system. Let’s see which one can handle all aforementioned problems better.

46 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

WF does rush hour loans for the Bx12 SBS with the SBS XN60s until at least the summer pick.

That’s very weird considering they get loaned 40footers back from GH lol. I see some pretty weird stuff sittin in their yard. MCH Orion’s, GH’s LFS, KB buses and a few more.

Just now, JeremiahC99 said:

But what about the two buses that came from Fresh Pond (7255, 7279)? Where are they going?

I could be wrong with this but I think those are going back to Fresh Pond unless they have East New York decals. If they do have ENY decals than it could be on a short loan pending return. 

My guess is that the worst performing RTS are being scrapped and as the new buses and 3 year old XD40’s replace those buses there will be weird bus moves going on in the Brooklyn Division.  

29 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I could be wrong with this but I think those are going back to Fresh Pond unless they have East New York decals. If they do have ENY decals than it could be on a short loan pending return. 

My guess is that the worst performing RTS are being scrapped and as the new buses and 3 year old XD40’s replace those buses there will be weird bus moves going on in the Brooklyn Division.  

Maybe you’re right about the RTS, but I think the last ones are to be retired out of FB and MQ if I’m not mistaken.

FYI, I checked the depot roster myself and 7255 and 7279 went back to Fresh Pond. Now to wait and see Ulmer Park be all XD40s.