MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

For the Orions at JFK, maybe 6544 was a typo? It looks like the only ones there are 6501, 6535-6537, 6539-6543, 6545

So if I’m correct with this Fresh Pond could possibly be next to receive new XD40’s as a result of these moves?  This is going to be a weird summer along Jamaica Avenue. 

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

So if I’m correct with this Fresh Pond could possibly be next to receive new XD40’s as a result of these moves?  This is going to be a weird summer along Jamaica Avenue. 

Well I have no insight into what replaced what but given all the evidence so far, very likely yes. They'll probably retire (or displace) 5204-5206, which hardly run mow anyway, then make up for the 7s that have been lost to JFK.

Anyone know if LGA will be getting more 1999s to take care of their 1996s, or are they also getting more 7s?

39 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Well I have no insight into what replaced what but given all the evidence so far, very likely yes. They'll probably retire (or displace) 5204-5206, which hardly run mow anyway, then make up for the 7s that have been lost to JFK.

Anyone know if LGA will be getting more 1999s to take care of their 1996s, or are they also getting more 7s?

No more RTS to MTA. It's Orion vii ogs.

46 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Looks like some deployment to MCH/OF has begun. I think those buses are staying there for the immediate future. Plus the runs are being cut due to the summer and limited trips past Avenue U beginning Tomorrow. 

Don't say anything yet. Usually when FB gives away artics they get them back by the next pick.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

CONFIRMED change in XD40 assignment:

Jamaica is receiving 7484-7544, Flatbush is receiving 7617-7663 & East New York is receiving 7664-7702.

THESE ARE THE ONLY CONFIRMED ASSIGNMENTS AT THE MOMENT, Will update you as I get more info.

Depot Roster Updated:

http://www.ttmg.org/transitwiki/Insider's_Guide:_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_Bus_Operations_-_Depot_Summary

More than just some LFSAs and Orion 7s have moved. There have been New Flyer D60 & Nova RTS retirements. Some MCIs have been shuffled in the Bronx and Queens.

2 minutes ago, The Real said:

Jamaica is receiving 7484-7544, Flatbush is receiving 7617-7663 & East New York is receiving 7664-7702.

THESE ARE THE ONLY CONFIRMED ASSIGNMENTS AT THE MOMENT, Will update you as I get more info.

Regular buses, right? Not SBS?

22 minutes ago, The Real said:

Incorrect, 7664-7675 is already at the service center and is in +selectbusservice paint.

Here is 7672...

NYMTA_NFI_7672.jpg

Will this be pending for East New York SBS?

Only reason I ask is only b/c it's no update in regards to the B82SBS+

Excellent work as always!

28 minutes ago, The Real said:

FB also has 7616.

Edited by Future ENY OP
Correction.

9 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Will this be pending for East New York SBS?

Only reason I ask is only b/c it's no update in regards to the B82SBS+

Excellent work as always!

FB also has 7616.

Typo, I meant to put 7616 & yes, pending the B82 +selectbusservice

Edited by The Real

3 minutes ago, Novabus 5000 said:

What do you mean?

As in, the hybrids from NYCT depots such as MHV, ENY transferring their O7's, FB with their NGs etc. removing the RTS from service

Edited by Calvin

2 hours ago, The Real said:

Did you make a typo for the fleet numbers for the batch going to Flatbush? If they are to receive 48 buses, they should have 7616-7663, since 7616 is also at Flatbush.

Edited by JeremiahC99

3 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Did you make a typo for the fleet numbers for the batch going to Flatbush? If they are to receive 48 buses, they should have 7616-7663, since 7616 is also at Flatbush.

Never mind. Saw the correction for the buses in a previous post.

Edited by JeremiahC99

6 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

No more RTS to MTA. It's Orion vii ogs.

Don't say anything yet. Usually when FB gives away artics they get them back by the next pick.

Actually fleet plans call for Bus to have 25 RTS through 2019. I haven't checked to see if it changed yet.