MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

So 0011 is no longer in NYC. Looks like it's headed back to NFI, but I'm not sure?

anyway point is, it's not in NYC...

It’s actually be back up there for about a week now. Its time for the production models to undergo final design, and I am being told this one (0011) is being used for audit purposes and modification. This means it could essentially be sort of a “blueprint” or audit bus for the production XE40 order as we all as the XE60 order of this is in fact correct. 

Either way, it is also time to get into the next phase of this electric test and evaluation program. About halfway through, Quill and GA were supposed to swap fleets. However, due to the current issues, the fact that the halfway point passed, as well as the way this has all played out, I don’t see it happening. 

We have to see what this means for the program as a whole, because if MTA decides to continue with the current timeline and guidelines, they will be awarding by June. According to my data knowledge, that would be for New Flyer, as Proterra would still have to qualify or prove that they can qualify before we begin to take delivery of production models at the end of next year and early 2020. 

Because of this, I see options being attached to the end of this next 40 foot electric order. If MTA were to base this solely off logistics, best value and commonality, its going to be 100% New Flyer. 

Award for the XE60 is now pending and due within the next 90 days or so unless the schedule slips. 

Edited by East New York

15 hours ago, East New York said:

It’s actually be back up there for about a week now. Its time for the production models to undergo final design, and I am being told this one (0011) is being used for audit purposes and modification. This means it could essentially be sort of a “blueprint” or audit bus for the production XE40 order as we all as the XE60 order of this is in fact correct. 

Either way, it is also time to get into the next phase of this electric test and evaluation program. About halfway through, Quill and GA were supposed to swap fleets. However, due to the current issues, the fact that the halfway point passed, as well as the way this has all played out, I don’t see it happening. 

We have to see what this means for the program as a whole, because if MTA decides to continue with the current timeline and guidelines, they will be awarding by June. According to my data knowledge, that would be for New Flyer, as Proterra would still have to qualify or prove that they can qualify before we begin to take delivery of production models at the end of next year and early 2020. 

Because of this, I see options being attached to the end of this next 40 foot electric order. If MTA were to base this solely off logistics, best value and commonality, its going to be 100% New Flyer. 

Award for the XE60 is now pending and due within the next 90 days or so unless the schedule slips. 

It’s a good thing. I see that there were no more issues based on your input/output and the exception of them arriving late with completion of two weeks (but that happens to all deliveries of new buses). They sounded good. (0012 I have seen).