MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

I understand 5249 is back at Quill from GA. Is that bus going back into service or being sent up to AMS?

Probably for the nostalgia bus trips on the M42. It's already repainted as a museum bus so it makes sense. 

However, if it's going to AMS, then I'd only assume it's at Quill for maintenance or some other reason. 

Edited by Coney Island Av

25 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

Probably for the nostalgia bus trips on the M42. It's already repainted as a museum bus so it makes sense. 

However, if it's going to AMS, then I'd only assume it's at Quill for maintenance or some other reason. 

Nope. How would that be nostalgic if RTSs still run on the M42? Lol.

Edited by Cait Sith

1. As a reminder, we should not be having whole conversations in Moves and Transfers.

2. I’ve said 75 times at least that these XD40’s are going to be all over the place. 

ALL deliveries are to bolster fleets for the subway shuttles. In the process these buses can be used anywhere needed. You all need to keep up with the first page of the Fleet & Depots. For those who are keeping up, and those that ask the same questions over again, are confusing me. How many times do we have to go over the same things and you all act like you were never aware of any of it.

We have been going over all this for months on in. It should be quite obvious how things are going if you all READ. 

Edited by East New York

12 hours ago, East New York said:

It’s actually at Quill in the shop continuing its restoration to like-new status. 

Huh ? LOL there most be a double or fleet view providing wrong location.. I can guaranty I saw it at GA CMF within the pass 8hrs and past your post time.. I know its assigned to Quill .

6 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Ah, gotchu @Cait Sith...

Just noticed that 2 UP buses at East New York. 7558, 7560. Those moves to ENY are temp or those going Ulmer Park bound in the near future.

I like you. You are a good guy. You contribute to the forums and you know your stuff. However, after reviewing your posts I’m seeing that you are one of the main people who are either not reading, or asking the same questions. Everything about the fleet has been answered. Sure things are always subject to change but nothing has been new for quite some time. We know assignments are just projected and nothing is final until after the L train is restored. Nothing has changed since then. Everything that is going on is and was expected. 

However, if you continue with these general fleet discussions in this thread I’m going to find you and strangle you for Christmas. (Just joking of course). Seriously tho, I haven’t been trying to publicly call anyone out but, this is far from your first time. Hit the + button that you would use to multi-quote, go over to the appropriate forum and reply there. 

As far as what’s going on with the XD40’s, Y’all are driving me crazy with these bus moves, all the speculation, and the questions. Although everything has been answered and has been according to what has been posted for a while now, that does not mean things may but change. Until then please keep up people. No one should be surprised about any XD40’s going to any random depots at this point. The only thing I need to update is the delivery schedule.