MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Eastchester does more than just QM2 and QM32 during the morning rush, saw #3373 on the QM20 this morning on Northern Blvd heading westbound towards the Grand Central Pkwy. If that's normal, then it's not reflected on the roster...which was why I mentioned it. I knew the QM2 and QM32 have Eastchester runs on it in the morning and the BxM9 with some College Point runs in the evening.

7 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

Looks like Eastchester does more than just QM2 and QM32 during the morning rush, saw #3373 on the QM20 this morning on Northern Blvd heading westbound towards the Grand Central Pkwy. If that's normal, then it's not reflected on the roster...which was why I mentioned it. I knew the QM2 and QM32 have Eastchester runs on it in the morning and the BxM9 with some College Point runs in the evening.

It isn't normal.  Over the last few years, Eastchester has been either doing or lending buses to do trips on a number of lines.  Always seems to be around this time of the year too. 

7 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

11 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It isn't normal.  Over the last few years, Eastchester has been either doing or lending buses to do trips on a number of lines.  Always seems to be around this time of the year too. 

EC has had trips on the QM20 since they split the BxM9 with CP during the rush hour. So it technically is normal.

Edited by Cait Sith

2 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

EC has had trips on the QM20 since they split the BxM9 with CP during the rush hour.

That I don't doubt.  I guess what I'm thinking of is on other lines outside of what has been mentioned. They also seem to do Yonkers trips too, but I only see them during the winter time. They must either lend the bus or a driver physically does the trip.  Not sure what's up with that either. 

On 1/9/2019 at 2:34 PM, Future ENY OP said:

No problem. ENY & FP have been swapping buses as of late. Don’t be surprised if more moves were to happen. 

I also noticed that FP got some of their 6500s from ENY as well because I saw 6590 and 6592 on the B60 this week and I saw 6594 on the B52 as well