MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize for the long delay. I was hit by a car (hit and run) while crossing the street so I'm getting back to things kind of slow. I'm actually supposed to be off for a week minimum but this post is days late so I'm going to try to keep everyone updated anyway. 

I was able to confirm some preliminary assignments for the fleet. There is going to be more shuffling and loaning. 

GH is now scheduled to get 5 more XD60's in addition to the ones they have now. The temporary and current assignments for MTA bus are as follows. (NOTE: They literally changed yet again overnight)

6044-6092 (even units) to LG

-6032, 6034, 6046

6094-6116 (even units) to JK

-6030, 6036, 6038, 6040, 6042, 6112, 6122

Gleason now has 742-808. 809 and 810 are on the way and delivery for that depot will be complete. After that, 677 and 678 will follow for WF.

Now for the XN60's we have some preliminary changes. The B35 is officially being evaluated for SBS, and the Bx6 could see a similar fate as the B46 did. If ridership does not pick up to what MTA deems artic levels the line may not go full artic or even artic at all outside of a few trips. 

1000's look like they will now be alternative fuel buses, and or alternative fuel artic's. So if the new numbers will be 1016-1125, it appears that 1001-1015 could be XDE60's and all electric artic's. The LFSAE, BYD-60, and XE60 are all being evaluated. 

35 minutes ago, East New York said:

I apologize for the long delay. I was hit by a car (hit and run) while crossing the street so I'm getting back to things kind of slow. I'm actually supposed to be off for a week minimum but this post is days late so I'm going to try to keep everyone updated anyway. 

I was able to confirm some preliminary assignments for the fleet. There is going to be more shuffling and loaning. 

GH is now scheduled to get 5 more XD60's in addition to the ones they have now. The temporary and current assignments for MTA bus are as follows. (NOTE: They literally changed yet again overnight)

-6032, 6034, 6046

Gleason now has 742-808. 809 and 810 are on the way and delivery for that depot will be complete. After that, 677 and 678 will follow for WF.

Now for the XN60's we have some preliminary changes. The B35 is officially being evaluated for SBS, and the Bx6 could see a similar fate as the B46 did. If ridership does not pick up to what MTA deems artic levels the line may not go full artic or even artic at all outside of a few trips. 

1000's look like they will now be alternative fuel buses, and or alternative fuel artic's. So if the new numbers will be 1016-1125, it appears that 1001-1015 could be XDE60's and all electric artic's. The LFSAE, BYD-60, and XE60 are all being evaluated. 

how about the bx36 for artics

On 9/20/2017 at 8:26 PM, Around the Horn said:

It's a bar that goes over the front tire and locks it in place until you physically pull it off.

4 minutes ago, limitednyc said:

how about the bx36 for artics

How about asking ENY if he was ok than asking about putting artics on a bus route. 

Hope everything is ok for you, East New York. A person’s life is more important than a bus. A bus can be replace but not humans. 

Without you, I wouldn’t even know the updates on bus to bus movements, especially new ones thats been ordered.

23 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

For service or GA Base Shop?

As of my post yesterday I observed it being in service in Downtown Brooklyn. I'm only guessing that this is temporary b/c depot logo didn't change. It still has East New York decals. My guess is it's for the base shop. Also, there's an update on the TTMG roster having it placed at Grand Avenue as active on the line there. 

53 minutes ago, East New York said:

-6032, 6034, 6046

Thank you for the update, sir! Hope everything is good with you after the car accident.

53 minutes ago, East New York said:

-6032, 6034, 6046

Get better ENY. 

Now I see why the B46 don't have artics relating to SBS/Local service. My question is what does the MTA require with artic service levels for SBS service and or Local service? 

B35 being evaluated for SBS service? I wonder how will that work only because of the mounting Church Avenue traffic. I'm only guessing that stops will severely get eliminated once it's set in stone. 

2 hours ago, East New York said:

-6032, 6034, 6046

Holy shit man, hope you're feeling alright!

4 hours ago, East New York said:

I'm sorry to hear about this incident, hope everything goes well and a safe recovery. 

4 hours ago, East New York said:

-6032, 6034, 6046

All the best and a speedy recovery!!