Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
T J Trainman

MTA Bus Operations: Moves & Transfers

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, East New York said:

I apologize for the long delay. I was hit by a car (hit and run) while crossing the street so I'm getting back to things kind of slow. I'm actually supposed to be off for a week minimum but this post is days late so I'm going to try to keep everyone updated anyway. 

I was able to confirm some preliminary assignments for the fleet. There is going to be more shuffling and loaning. 

GH is now scheduled to get 5 more XD60's in addition to the ones they have now. The temporary and current assignments for MTA bus are as follows. (NOTE: They literally changed yet again overnight)

6044-6092 (even units) to LG

-6032, 6034, 6046

6094-6116 (even units) to JK

-6030, 6036, 6038, 6040, 6042, 6112, 6122

Gleason now has 742-808. 809 and 810 are on the way and delivery for that depot will be complete. After that, 677 and 678 will follow for WF.

Now for the XN60's we have some preliminary changes. The B35 is officially being evaluated for SBS, and the Bx6 could see a similar fate as the B46 did. If ridership does not pick up to what MTA deems artic levels the line may not go full artic or even artic at all outside of a few trips. 

1000's look like they will now be alternative fuel buses, and or alternative fuel artic's. So if the new numbers will be 1016-1125, it appears that 1001-1015 could be XDE60's and all electric artic's. The LFSAE, BYD-60, and XE60 are all being evaluated. 

Holy shit man, hope you're feeling alright!

4 hours ago, East New York said:

I apologize for the long delay. I was hit by a car (hit and run) while crossing the street so I'm getting back to things kind of slow. I'm actually supposed to be off for a week minimum but this post is days late so I'm going to try to keep everyone updated anyway. 

I'm sorry to hear about this incident, hope everything goes well and a safe recovery. 

4 hours ago, East New York said:

I was able to confirm some preliminary assignments for the fleet. There is going to be more shuffling and loaning. 

GH is now scheduled to get 5 more XD60's in addition to the ones they have now. The temporary and current assignments for MTA bus are as follows. (NOTE: They literally changed yet again overnight)

6044-6092 (even units) to LG

-6032, 6034, 6046

6094-6116 (even units) to JK

-6030, 6036, 6038, 6040, 6042, 6112, 6122

Gleason now has 742-808. 809 and 810 are on the way and delivery for that depot will be complete. After that, 677 and 678 will follow for WF.

Now for the XN60's we have some preliminary changes. The B35 is officially being evaluated for SBS, and the Bx6 could see a similar fate as the B46 did. If ridership does not pick up to what MTA deems artic levels the line may not go full artic or even artic at all outside of a few trips. 

1000's look like they will now be alternative fuel buses, and or alternative fuel artic's. So if the new numbers will be 1016-1125, it appears that 1001-1015 could be XDE60's and all electric artic's. The LFSAE, BYD-60, and XE60 are all being evaluated. 

All the best and a speedy recovery!!

1 hour ago, r142a7436 said:

5822 currently being unwrapped for local service at KB

Did 5266, 5799 leave queens and head back to The Bronx yet?  

CS have their allotment of their XD60's. 5987-6029 (43) buses. Hopefully the rest of their LFSA's head over to Manhattan soon. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Did 5266, 5799 leave queens and head back to The Bronx yet?  

CS have their allotment of their XD60's. 5987-6029 (43) buses. Hopefully the rest of their LFSA's head over to Manhattan soon. 

I have 5266 at KB. As far as I know, 5799 is still st CS.

2 hours ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

I have 5266 at KB. As far as I know, 5799 is still st CS.

5266 is still at Stengel. Its currently on the Q44 right now.

On a separate note, 7130 is back at ENY.

Q: Are the even units going to be SBS units then transferred to NYCT later on? (6030-6109)

Edited by Calvin

6124 GA to JK

809 to JG

6032 LG to JK

On 10/2/2017 at 5:25 PM, limitednyc said:

how about the bx36 for artics

That's what some of them are for.

On 10/3/2017 at 8:38 PM, Calvin said:

Q: Are the even units going to be SBS units then transferred to NYCT later on? (6030-6109)

That depends on how fast the new buses come in. 6030-6042 will supposedly go back first. The rest will stay until the MTAB order comes in, unless the order delivery is swapped. For now these are loaned. Because they are new buses however, anything is possible as long as the Bus Co. order is spec'd the same. If it's not, they have to go back to Transit.

I also want everyone to remember these assignments aren't set in stone and could change at a moment's notice. Everything is all over the place right now, and anything is possible.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, T J Trainman said:

6056, and 6058 to LGA.

These buses are coming in rapidly. Spotted 6046 doing a test run yesterday on Cross Bay. 

16 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

5914 CS to OH.

5917 CS to KB.

That doesn't make sense. 5917 should of went to Manhattan. The (MTA) obviously 🙄 doesn't like to keep the set of numbers at the same depot. An example like this where as both buses could of went to OH. Since OH has 5910-5916. 

Im only guessing this is for mileage purposes. 

Does anyone have a link to the current google bus roster? I think it’d be a good idea to keep one in this thread as it relates to bus moves.

1 hour ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Does anyone have a link to the current google bus roster? I think it’d be a good idea to keep one in this thread as it relates to bus moves.

Here it is:

https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/

The only thing is it won't necessarily show in someone's signature because it looks like our signatures only appear once in each thread. This thread is 928 pages long so good luck finding the link that way. lol

6 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

That doesn't make sense. 5917 should of went to Manhattan. The (MTA) obviously 🙄 doesn't like to keep the set of numbers at the same depot. An example like this where as both buses could of went to OH. Since OH has 5910-5916. 

Im only guessing this is for mileage purposes. 

...OR maybe the MTA is placing #5917 at Kingsbridge because there is a "slight" shortage of buses?

Edited by The TransitMan

9 minutes ago, T J Trainman said:

5900-5916are at TU/100th st depot.

That was already established.