MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are they storing all these artics at in LGA? I notice a whole bunch of new buses coming in, but nothing leaving, storage space must be an issue at LGA during the overnight hours...

Is it also safe to say the 96 Novas will be killed off for good over the next several days? JFK and LGA should have enough artics to retire them. If the Artic operation on the 52/53 starts on Monday, then tomorrow might the last time a 96 Nova ever runs in service at the MTA :(

17 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Where are they storing all these artics at in LGA? I notice a whole bunch of new buses coming in, but nothing leaving, storage space must be an issue at LGA during the overnight hours...

Is it also safe to say the 96 Novas will be killed off for good over the next several days? JFK and LGA should have enough artics to retire them. If the Artic operation on the 52/53 starts on Monday, then tomorrow might the last time a 96 Nova ever runs in service at the MTA :(

What's up man. I am a Bus Operator for LGA as far as I know our 1996 RTS are leaving to where I don't know. Plus we are using CP to store some of our Artic's.

1 hour ago, BigJay0130 said:

What's up man. I am a Bus Operator for LGA as far as I know our 1996 RTS are leaving to where I don't know. Plus we are using CP to store some of our Artic's.

How far is LGA and College Point???  Also, will LGA move some of their buses to BP, and possibly EC or SC as more artics come in? 

I notice that no one has posted about what happened to Bus 4226 on the Bx!3 this past Sunday night? 

It was reported in the York Daily News and the New York Post on Monday that the bus was hit by a brick that penetrated the roof on the bus while traveling on Ogden Avenue toward the George Washington Bridge about 9 PM this past Sunday night. Thankfully the bus driver was not injured and the one passenger who was injured was not hurt that badly and is in our prayers

Can the bus be repaired?