MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t see the love for 21yr old buses. They were good buses 15yrs ago but there time has  passed.  The Q6 and Q7 interline with non artic capable routes is probably the reason why those RTS buses are still at Jfk. All it takes is 3 artics to wipe out those remaining rts. 

[Wouldn't be surprised if they resurrect more 96's, to be what replaces them.]

12 hours ago, James Goodwin said:

From where? Most of the 1996s were scrapped years ago. Those last 18 units are the last of their kind.

11 hours ago, Novabus 5000 said:

The XDs will wipe out the 96s. The 99s are supposed to go back to transit and some more hybrids will go to eastchester

I wasn't being totally serious, but then aren't there a bunch of reserve stuff in Eastchester storage?

It just seemed the were holding onto the '96's forever, while Transit held on to the 97's and 98/99's only to get rid of nearly all the '97's, and now they're taking the '98's back? I just never understood why it mattered how bad MTAB's maintenance of them is, when these are all the oldest fleets and next to go out anyway. It wouldn't affect Transit if they didn't keep taking them back from MTAB.

Edited by Eric B

1 hour ago, GojiMet86 said:

5080-5104 are 1998 units.

5105-5249 are 1999 units.

Sources: TTMG roster & CPTDB wiki

Just now, Future ENY OP said:

4900-5079 are 1998 units, Units at FB, ENY, MJQ, UP, JA.

5080-5249 are 1999 units. Units at JA, UP, MJQ

4900-4901 are 1998 units based off the 9000's from 1998.

4902-5079 are "new" 1998 units.

5080-5104 are 1998 units built in 1999.

5105-5249 are 1999 units.

And it looks like the RTS era is slowly dying. so, for those who love the RTS, take your final pics when their new replacements come by sometime next year. Then comes the Orions. The MTA's favorite ass kissing company (I heard someone say it around the time the 7000s first enter service in 2011) They will be the next ones out.

Update at LGA: Most of you guys already know. LGA now have 19 Artic's from 6046 thur 6084 (even number only) with 4 Artic buses stored at CP. As per MTA our 5100's are going back MJQ and our 9000's we are holding on to for a little while. The rest of our Artic fleet will be delivered in the next 2 week. We have starting running Artic's on the Q53 full time with the 40 footer as filler buses because we still don't have enough Artic's. SBS start Nov 12. Also don't know true this is, but Rumors are going around saying that MTA is thinking about upgrading the Q70 to Artic's due to heavy ridership. Hope so it would be a good look. From your neighborhood LGA Bus Operator. Later.

Edited by BigJay0130

13 minutes ago, BigJay0130 said:

Update at LGA: Most of you guys already know. LGA now have 19 Artic's from 6046 thur 6084 (even number only) with 4 Artic buses stored at CP. As per MTA our 5100's are going back MJQ and our 9000's we are holding on to for a little while. The rest of our Artic fleet will be delivered in the next 2 week. We have starting running Artic's on the Q53 full time with the 40 footer as filler buses because we still don't have enough Artic's. SBS start Nov 12. Also don't know true this is, but Rumors are going around saying that MTA is thinking about upgrading the Q70 to Artic's due to heavy ridership. Hope so it would be a good look. From your neighborhood LGA Bus Operator. Later.

Well, this is going to be interesting. Get your RTS shots guys.

40 minutes ago, BigJay0130 said:

XD60s on the Q70? That would be pretty dope! But wouldn't getting into the Victor Moore Terminal at 74th be kinda tricky?

7 minutes ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

XD60s on the Q70? That would be pretty dope! But wouldn't getting into the Victor Moore Terminal at 74th be kinda tricky?

That's true, I doubt they will make it pull into 74th. First, they can barely fit the entire bus into the terminal with the back end sticking out is a definite no-no and its the shortest lane and you can't switch the lanes wither cause the turning radius would make it impossible. They'll probably put two stops on the street and call it a day. Let the tourists figure it out lol.

1 minute ago, danielhg121 said:

That's true, I doubt they will make it pull into 74th. First, they can barely fit the entire bus into the terminal with the back end sticking out is a definite no-no and its the shortest lane and you can't switch the lanes wither cause the turning radius would make it impossible. They'll probably put two stops on the street and call it a day. Let the tourists figure it out lol.

Perhaps a(nother) rearrangement of bays would happen, if there isn't enough space. Q70 stops at the Q49 Bay, while the Q49 stops at the Q33 lane, Q33 to the current Q70 lane.

4 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Perhaps a(nother) rearrangement of bays would happen, if there isn't enough space. Q70 stops at the Q49 Bay, while the Q49 stops at the Q33 lane, Q33 to the current Q70 lane.

That wouldn't be too bad. I don't think the Q33 runs frequently enough to have 2 buses in the terminal but I've definitely seen 2 buses in the Q49 lane.

Well the Q49 run too frequent not to have its own bay. I know from experience that the Q49 runs every 4 minutes during rush hours in every 8 minutes on off-peak times. Not to mention that it's a incredibly heavy line, even for how short it is. That need to be in bay #1. Q33 could be in bay #2, but my understand from what I heard, is that Q47 is claiming it's old spot and the Q70 if it goes Artic will have a double bus stop on the street. 

Edited by BigJay0130