MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

1 hour ago, BigJay0130 said:

Update at LGA: Most of you guys already know. LGA now have 19 Artic's from 6046 thur 6084 (even number only) with 4 Artic buses stored at CP. As per MTA our 5100's are going back MJQ and our 9000's we are holding on to for a little while. The rest of our Artic fleet will be delivered in the next 2 week. We have starting running Artic's on the Q53 full time with the 40 footer as filler buses because we still don't have enough Artic's. SBS start Nov 12. Also don't know true this is, but Rumors are going around saying that MTA is thinking about upgrading the Q70 to Artic's due to heavy ridership. Hope so it would be a good look. From your neighborhood LGA Bus Operator. Later.

Are all the 5100s going to Quill or are they going to other depots as well? Also I heard of rumors that LGA depot will also be receiving some Gen1 OG hybrids can you confirm this please thank you. 

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MJQ5218 said:

Interesting about the rumor of LGA splitting the M60 route with Quill. By the way I'm just wondering is it possible for those 5100s to end up at Manhattanville Bus Depot? 

It's possible, but I have never seen MV run RTS's for a long time. They run all Orions.

53 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Are all the 5100s going to Quill or are they going to other depots as well? Also I heard of rumors that LGA depot will also be receiving some Gen1 OG hybrids can you confirm this please thank you. 

Not all of the LaGuardia 5100's are going to Quill. 5175 was sent to Flatbush while 5178 was sent back to Eastchester. So far, Quill only has 5180-81 from the LaGuardia batch.

1 minute ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Not all of the LaGuardia 5100's are going to Quill. 5175 was sent to Flatbush while 5178 was sent back to Eastchester. So far, Quill only has 5180-81 from the LaGuardia batch.

Is Manhattanville getting some of those 5100s that LGA is trying to get rid of? 

38 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Will the rest of the LGA batch be split between MJQ and Flatbush?  I have that feeling that this may be the case. Honestly that whole 5175-5199 batch should of went back to Flatbush. I will not discredit MJQ. However, they have more than enough fleet, and Flatbush has lost some fleet as of late over to CS (Queens).

39 minutes ago, MJQ5218 said:

Is Manhattanville getting some of those 5100s that LGA is trying to get rid of? 

Most likely not. MHV has no need to operate RTS anymore and is mainly a Low-Floor Hybrid depot. The displaced RTS are to go to Quill, Flatbush, and maybe a couple more Brooklyn depots. Plus it's a small amount being displaced. 

(I am not saying no. I'm saying it will most likely not happen for reasons explained)

46 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

MHV ran some 126th Street and Quill loaners back in 2013. Forgot why, but it was pretty interesting to see the RTS down 5th Avenue.

I think there was some issues with the NGs or something over at MHV which was why. They also ran a few 126 Street loaners on the MHV Routes a bunch of times back in 2012 when they used to have the 1997-1998 RTS Units and a few times back in 2014.

4 minutes ago, Daniel The Cool said:

I think there was some issues with the NGs or something over at MHV which was why. They also ran a few 126 Street loaners on the MHV Routes a bunch of times back in 2012 when they used to have the 1997-1998 RTS Units and a few times back in 2014.

That's probably the only reason to have MHV operate RTS. Loans. There is no need for MHV to have displaced RTS from MTA just to make busfanning fun. (And I feel like this topic was beat to death several times before.)

On 10/26/2017 at 6:43 PM, Future ENY OP said:

I can only guess that the fareboxes with bus company are a bit different from NYCT? 

NYCT, MTAB, BeeLine and NICE all have NYCT spec fareboxes with different programming. So when buses transferred between TA and BC the boxes have to be swapped. When the new fare payment system ramps up in 2019 the programs will be merged together and any bus can be loaned to a Depot at anytime, or transferred without the need to swap fareboxes or program destination signs.

On 10/26/2017 at 11:18 PM, GojiMet86 said:

5080-5104 are 1998 units.

5105-5249 are 1999 units.

Sources: TTMG roster & CPTDB wiki

On 10/27/2017 at 12:26 AM, MysteriousBtrain said:

4900-4901 are 1998 units based off the 9000's from 1998.

4902-5079 are "new" 1998 units.

5080-5104 are 1998 units built in 1999.

5105-5249 are 1999 units.

Correct gentlemen. 

NOTE: 4900-5249 are all 1999 "model year."

Reverse Example. 1016-1125 will ALL be 2018 XN60's even rough 1016-1020 are all 2017 builds. 

MHV is a hybrid only Depot, and will only have other buses as loans. 

Transfers:

5372, 6042, 6124 to FR

On 10/28/2017 at 10:23 PM, James Goodwin said:

Bro, the MTA has been retiring Orion buses for years. The last NYCTA Orion Vs retired last year. The 2003 Orion VII CNGs are retiring NOW and will be followed shortly soon after by the 2004-2005 Orion VII CNGs. Where have you been? As for the RTS's, their reign ended the moment the first Orion VIIs entered service back in the early 2000s.

Bro?

4 hours ago, James Goodwin said:

You forgot about the 100+ 2009-2010 Orion VII NG hybrids they have as well.

He's referring to the artics, not the standards. 

as for the RTS buses, I'm referring to those that serve on the streets, not by the order. Ive been around. It's you're just a rook. I grew up where GMC Fishbowls & Flxible New Looks with orange lights on top was brand spanking new in NYC. and left when the Orion Vis was still in service in Manhattanville & MCH. The 6000s Orion Vs was still new to some depots. The last RTS buses came in in 1999. There would've been more RTS buses in the 6360s in Hybrid form but Novabus was gone until they introduced a new low floor style in 2009.

17 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Will the rest of the LGA batch be split between MJQ and Flatbush?  I have that feeling that this may be the case. Honestly that whole 5175-5199 batch should of went back to Flatbush. I will not discredit MJQ. However, they have more than enough fleet, and Flatbush has lost some fleet as of late over to CS (Queens).

Well 5183 went to storage 

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

He's referring to the artics, not the standards. 

as for the RTS buses, I'm referring to those that serve on the streets, not by the order. Ive been around. It's you're just a rook. I grew up where GMC Fishbowls & Flxible New Looks with orange lights on top was brand spanking new in NYC. and left when the Orion Vis was still in service in Manhattanville & MCH. The 6000s Orion Vs was still new to some depots. The last RTS buses came in in 1999. There would've been more RTS buses in the 6360s in Hybrid form but Novabus was gone until they introduced a new low floor style in 2009.

I remember those buses. Those were phased out by the time I started driving in MTA. Boy would have been fun to drive a fishbowls in MTA I drove the flexes for New Jersey Transit before they were phased out with the RTS. Lol. No power steering. I have driven a lot if buses in my time, and I am still young.

Edited by BigJay0130