MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

A friend of mine saw four MTA Bus lettered RTS's on Utica Av this evening. They couldn't get the fleet numbers but that sounds like more 5100's to Flatbush...

Don't forget that Flatbush has several 5100's with MTA Bus titles that haven't been to Bus in quite a while. Example 5126 has Bus titles and still has a Black background as well. Hasn't seen Bus Co. Service at all in 2017.

2 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Why are some late 5100 scrapped before 4900's? Did MTA bus (*cough LaGuardia*) do that bad with maintaining them?

Bad? Lol. That was EC that messed up those buses. LGA did everything to fix them and keep them in the road. I praise the maintenance at LGA. They kept those buses alive.

52 minutes ago, James Goodwin said:

While we're on the subject, does anyone know how many buses remain in the system with blackbacks? I know it's all RTS's at this point, for everything else from that era had either been repainted or retired.

I think the fellas keep a record of that in the Repaited/Wrapped buses thread. And if I am not mistaken there are 1 or 2 Bus Co. OG hybrids with black backs. Not sure if they were reported it not. I know I saw one in Brooklyn on the Q35, but that was last summer I think.

Note: As I mentioned the transfers to Far Rock earlier, I want to let everyone know that they are actively reconstructing much of the Depot and therefore decided it was time to start some training out of Far for the Q52 which will now  run out of both FR and JK. However, FR still DOES NOT have an active fleet roster and all buses are assigned to JK. As far as the Q70, that is just one of about 15 routes under evaluation for articulated buses. As of now, evaluation of the B46 is still sketchy and the route really only needs them during rush periods. The Bx6 will now only be converted to Artic ops if service levels pick up.

For those that didn't know JK/FR now have 6112, 6114, 6120, 6122, and 6124. It is still unclear as to exactly when FR will go back on line and have an active roster. Speculation has it as early 2018.

Edited by East New York

30 minutes ago, East New York said:

As far as the Q70, that is just one of about 15 routes under evaluation for articulated buses. As of now, evaluation of the B46 is still sketchy and the route really only needs them during rush periods. The Bx6 will now only be converted to Artic ops if service levels pick up.

Do you have any other info on the other routes considered? So far I believe 7 out of 15 are likely the Bx6, Bx36, B82, B15, B46, Q70, B35.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain
Better phrasing

5 minutes ago, East New York said:

I think the fellas keep a record of that in the Repaited/Wrapped buses thread. And if I am not mistaken there are 1 or 2 Bus Co. OG hybrids with black backs. Not sure if there were reported it not. Ibk ow I saw one myself in Brooklyn on the Q35, but that was last summer I think.

Note: As I mentioned the transfers to Far Rock earlier, I want to let everyone know that they are actively reconstructing much of the Depot and therefore decided it was time to start some training out of Far for the Q52 which will now  run out of both FR and JK. However, FR still DOES NOT have an active fleet roster and all buses are assigned to JK. As far as the Q70, that is just one of about 15 routes under evaluation for articulated buses. As of now, evaluation of the B46 is still sketchy and the route really only needs them during rush periods. The Bx6 will now only be converted to Artic ops if service levels pick up.

For those that didn't know JK/FR now have 6112, 6114, 6120, 6122, and 6124.

If that were to happen.  Would it be a Kings Plaza to Dekalb (SBS) or Kings Plaza to Williamsburg Bridge (no SBS)

41 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Technically no, since 5799 may still be there. But then again 5799 has not seen service for at least a month.

If anyone can confirm if 5799 moved that would be great.

Doesn't 5799 have an issue with a transmission because if that's the case then I'm guessing they should retrofit it with an Allison IJS 

26 minutes ago, R179 8258 said:

Just seen 7132 being towed back to ENY 

I'm guessing mechanical issue more than likely. 

Off topic: Has 1019 made the trip to New York City. I notice that it's sister 1016 is doing a splendid job out in the Bronx. Those XN60's are amazing.  Depending how those are built and the delivery time. Will delivery be similar as the XN40's. 

6 hours ago, Armani said:

Doesn't 5799 have an issue with a transmission because if that's the case then I'm guessing they should retrofit it with an Allison IJS 

5799 hasn't seen service in quite a long time, it was out because of a transmission issue. It was supposedly fixed recently but I don't know how that went. 

7 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

CS officially NOVA bus free after this move?

7 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Technically no, since 5799 may still be there. But then again 5799 has not seen service for at least a month.

If anyone can confirm if 5799 moved that would be great.

5799 is at Kingsbridge. CS is Nova-Free.

Edited by Cait Sith