MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Not 100% sure on this, but it looks like KB has PM artic trips for the Bx32. 5799 is on it now and there was a D60 run a few days ago.

Figured that D60 on Wednesday wasn't going to be a one time thing. Hopefully KB does have a PM trip on the Bx32, because I would really want to see that for a while (hopefully see a XD60 or an LFSA or an LFS, man this is kinda bringing out the foamer in me :D)

1 hour ago, R188 7857 said:

6094 is on the Q44, might be a loaner. 

That bus is assigned to Casey Stengel for the time being

Edited by LegoBrickBreaker101

So this the latest report from your friendly neighborhood Bus Operator. Please understand that this is not set in stone yet, and it in the works. In the next couple of years MTA Bus Company will be shifting a lot of lines and buses throughout the division. Particularly with LaGuardia Depot, College Point, Depot and Baisley Park Depot. As I heard it the Q25 is the next MTA Bus line to be slotted for the Select Bus Service. There will also be a lot of lines shifted between the three Depots. LaGuardia Depot will lose the Qm24 Qm25 and the Qm34 to College Point and we will be picking up the Q19 Q23 to Q38 and the Q66. Baisley Park will lose the Qm4 and the Qm20 to College Point and will be picking up the Q25 Q34 and the Q65. Essentially LaGuardia Depot and Baisley Park will become entire local line Depot and College Point will be in all Express line Depot. Now like I said before nothing is concrete and written in stone but they're getting a lot of pressure from management to make this happen. So don' be surprised when the changes come. And last but not least as most of you probably already know that Yonkers Depot has been slotted to be shut down and permanently discontinued in the near future with all drivers and Equipment being transferred to Eastchester Depot. As always keeping you updated from your Friendly Neighborhood Bus Operator.

Edited by BigJay0130

33 minutes ago, BigJay0130 said:

So this the latest report from your friendly neighborhood Bus Operator. Please understand that this is not set in stone yet, and it in the works. In the next couple of years MTA Bus Company will be shifting a lot of lines and buses throughout the division. Particularly with LaGuardia Depot, College Point, Depot and Baisley Park Depot. As I heard it the Q25 is the next MTA Bus line to be slotted for the Select Bus Service. There will also be a lot of lines shifted between the three Depots. LaGuardia Depot will lose the Qm24 Qm25 and the Qm34 to College Point and we will be picking up the Q19 Q23 to Q38 and the Q66. Baisley Park will lose the Qm4 and the Qm20 to College Point and will be picking up the Q25 Q34 and the Q65. Essentially LaGuardia Depot and Baisley Park will become entire local line Depot and College Point will be in all Express line Depot. Now like I said before nothing is concrete and written in stone but they're getting a lot of pressure from management to make this happen. So don' be surprised when the changes come. And last but not least as most of you probably already know that Yonkers Depot has been slotted to be shut down and permanently discontinued in the near future with all drivers and Equipment being transferred to Eastchester Depot. As always keeping you updated from your Friendly Neighborhood Bus Operator.

That last bit about Yonkers Depot I've been following closely because I live in Riverdale and use several of the Yonkers Depot bus lines. I don't see Yonkers closing without a new depot. That has been the main sticking point. That and the city of Yonkers not wanting to pay for the new depot and pay to acquire the land that the current Yonkers Depot sits on. This will have to play out legally first.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

• Isn't Baisley Park a pretty small depot? They have a lot of buses sitting out and around the depot and they're already full to the brim, what with artics and all. From what it looks like they're picking up the 2 heaviest CP lines, one of them being a maybe SBS in the future as well.  All the hawk drivers are gonna have a harder time to deadhead as well, they all gotta file through Guy R Brewer Blvd which is quite narrow as it is or end up taking the Van Wyck which is traffic-ridden during parts of the day. Yonkers residents weren't too thrilled with the bus depot, to begin with so perhaps it might be better to consolidate bus service to one depot but I think that will increase the mileage on a lot of deadheads.