MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, limitednyc said:

i know that i'm saying when yonkers closes om cp becomes all express.

BxM9 users were already complaining as it was about reliability issues and the 9 still has its problems. I don't see it happening for that reason alone. The folks in Throggs Neck have already been unhappy for years with the missing buses and delays before CP came into the picture.... They got their elected officials con the (MTA) 's @ss and things improved a bit for a little while. Still problematic overall.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

1 hour ago, Novabus 5000 said:

I personally don't see the Q25/34/65 going to BP just because BP cannot handle all of those routes. 

It will happen it's not about whether they can handle it or not Baisley Park will have to adapt it's going to happen regardless how much time before it does is the question.

If this plan does go through this would be the the MTA Bus Route roster:

ECH:

Bx23, Q50, BxM1, BxM2, BxM3, BxM4, BxM6, BxM7, BxM8, BxM9, BxM10, BxM11, BxM18

BP: 

Q25, Q34, Q64, Q65, Q110, Q111, Q112, Q113, Q114

CP: 

QM1, QM2, QM3, QM4, QM5, QM6, QM7, QM8, QM10, QM11, QM12, QM20, QM21, QM24, QM25, QM31, QM32, QM34, QM35, QM36, QM40, QM42, QM44

FR:

Q11, Q21, Q22, Q35, Q41, QM15, QM16, QM17, QM18

JK:

Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9, Q10, Q11, Q37/B, Q40, Q52SBS, Q60

LG:

Q18, Q23, Q29, Q33, Q38, Q39, Q47, Q49, Q53SBS, Q66, Q67, Q70SBS, Q72, Q100-104

From a maintenance point of view it makes sense and interlinings could be slightly altered to make it work. As for when it happens C40s can't go anywhere except SC and SC isn't mentioned anywhere in the switches. So as far as these plans go, I see it partially forming in 5-7 years minimum. (When the C40s retire)

42 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

ECH:

BP: 

CP: 

QM1, QM2, QM3, QM4, QM5, QM6, QM7, QM8, QM10, QM11, QM12, QM20, QM21, QM24, QM25, QM31, QM32, QM34, QM35, QM36, QM40, QM42, QM44

FR:

JK:

LG:

From a maintenance point of view it makes sense and interlinings could be slightly altered to make it work. As for when it happens C40s can't go anywhere except SC and SC isn't mentioned anywhere in the switches. So as far as these plans go, I see it partially forming in 5-7 years minimum. (When the C40s retire)

This right here is supposedly what MTA wants to be the end result to be. See what you guys need to realize and understand its not about whether a Depot can handle the lines or not, it's about what's saves the company money. MTA will pack a Depot full of buses and lines knowing they can't handle it, if it would save them money. I work out of LaGuardia and when the Q53 first came back 1 year ago. We were struggling just to make service, but we had to learn and adapt as will the other Depots. Here at LaGuardia Depot we have twenty two lines and now articulated buses we don't have enough space. Half of our fleet is parked on the street. Same with Jamacia, Baisley, what used to be the 126th Street Depot, Gun Hill, Ulmer Park, but it doesn't matter we still have to run the service. We have to make it work. They are trying to save money by reducing deadhead times and in service time. Understand this is not about what Depot are best suited for the service this is strictly about saving money.

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

ECH:

BP: 

CP: 

FR:

JK:

LG:

It makes sense until you realize that CP is also a CNG depot.....lets not forget that little tidbit.

If they happen to get CNG powered coaches, that's all good. But until then, that's the big hole in this so-called plan. They can't just abandon the CNG fuel, as its federally funded, so it has to be put to use.

Lets ease up on the speculation and focus on bus transfers in this thread.

They been talking about this for years, it won't happen. I could see the Q25 sbs going to bp but i doubt that'll happen. QM21 going to cp wouldn't make sense because of deadheads. Plus CP has those cng's. Where are they gonna go? Plus bp would screw up the Q25,34/65, keep em at cp.

For Baisley Park Depot to handle Q25/34.65, you would have to expand the depot itself, that's number 1. They already have overcrowding status with articulated buses being used on Q111/113/114. The CP routes are nowhere near BP.

As for Yonkers, It's gonna be an overcowding issue with Eastchester Depot with the east end express buses and the west end exp buses. Now how would you supposed to take trip from ECH to Riverdale just to make the BxM1 trip be on time and scave itself from conjestion on the MDX during the AM rush hour. What that depot needs after an agreement can be reached with the city and MTA is a local bus route. and that's after they are done building a new depot to store 83 express and 20 local buses. 

Some of the routes should go to NYCTA if I was to talk that out. You could keep Q25/34/65 close by switching them to CS, since the 25/65 can use artics. And they can expand the Q34's hours of operation. 

On 11/24/2017 at 11:09 PM, BigJay0130 said:

This right here is supposedly what MTA wants to be the end result to be. See what you guys need to realize and understand its not about whether a Depot can handle the lines or not, it's about what's saves the company money. MTA will pack a Depot full of buses and lines knowing they can't handle it, if it would save them money. I work out of LaGuardia and when the Q53 first came back 1 year ago. We were struggling just to make service, but we had to learn and adapt as will the other Depots. Here at LaGuardia Depot we have twenty two lines and now articulated buses we don't have enough space. Half of our fleet is parked on the street. Same with Jamacia, Baisley, what used to be the 126th Street Depot, Gun Hill, Ulmer Park, but it doesn't matter we still have to run the service. We have to make it work. They are trying to save money by reducing deadhead times and in service time. Understand this is not about what Depot are best suited for the service this is strictly about saving money.

Seems like you guys have a slight favoriism with the artics. You'd hardly see an artic out in the street overnight (it's happened, but rarely) but  but have no problem with throwing anything else out there, even the LGA Link buses lol

16 hours ago, Q43 Floral Park said:

Forgot to post this earlier but 3435 was on the BxM1 last week.

Yes, but that's an Eastchester bus.  I've seen that bus myself when on a Super Express BxM1. For some reason, they've had an Eastchester bus doing the 08:25 Southbound bus that goes via Inwood.  I have no idea if the driver is from Eastchester or not but I would imagine so since I try to avoid getting that bus with the amount of stops it makes.  Seems like they do this during the colder months for whatever reason.  Maybe they don't have someone to fill that slot so an Eastchester driver fills in.

It is finally December ladies and gents. That means we have big news coming in fleet transfers and new deliveries. I should be back to normal with things this week. We now have pending delivery schedules for BE40, LFSA, XD40 options, XDE40, XE40, and XN60 fleets. 

Due immediately are BE40, LFSA, XE40, and XD40 pilots. Followed by XDE40 pilots. 

7483 is the lead bus off the option order, and is set to go to Flatbush, with deployment of all buses to the depot’s I stated a few months ago, with the exception of Quill, as they will now get XDE40’s.  

25 minutes ago, East New York said:

It is finally December ladies and gents. That means we have big news coming in fleet transfers and new deliveries. I should be back to normal with things this week. We now have pending delivery schedules for BE40, LFSA, XD40 options, XDE40, XE40, and XN60 fleets. 

Due immediately are BE40, LFSA, XE40, and XD40 pilots. Followed by XDE40 pilots. 

7483 is the lead bus off the option order, and is set to go to Flatbush, with deployment of all buses to the depot’s I stated a few months ago, with the exception of Quill, as they will now get XDE40’s.  

Excellent update sir!  This option order of XD40's are for Brooklyn & Stengel? 

Any word to if and when Flatbush and East New York will get XD60's either new or 47xx's from the Bronx.