MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2018 at 9:19 AM, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

8266 YUK to QV, it's currently on the Q1

On 1/20/2018 at 11:06 AM, Future ENY OP said:

Does it have QV decals? Or is it on loan from Yukon?

21 hours ago, Dannny said:

Whats a LFS from Yukon doing on the Q88? QV has enough of their own 2015 LFS's, so whats up with that? 

Regarding 8266, that bus is still a Yukon bus in the system. I would classify it as a loan for now.

12 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

What's with CS getting all these buses? Are they short. It seems every week a bus from Brooklyn or Queens Village is at CS. 

4467 and 4477 were originally at CS. These 2 buses are part of the set 4463-4482... They were loaned to QV a couple of months back.  Last time I recalled CS getting buses from Brooklyn was 4573-4576. There is nothing wrong with a depot getting buses lol. CS will eventually give up buses just give it some time.

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

No problem sir.  What's the going rate on the delivery since most of the order is heading to Manhattan.. 3 to 5 buses?. I know those buses have to make a stop in Queens and or Zerega maintenance for processing. 

The buses don't have to go there. With the Novas, they go from Plattsburgh to the assigned depot. With New Flyers, they get delivered to the JFK vendor, then go to their assigned depot. 

9 minutes ago, Novabus 5000 said:

The buses don't have to go there. With the Novas, they go from Plattsburgh to the assigned depot. With New Flyers, they get delivered to the JFK vendor, then go to their assigned depot. 

Web you would speculate 1020 would go into service? Since it’s st the JFK vendor sitting there for s while? 

10 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Web you would speculate 1020 would go into service? Since it’s st the JFK vendor sitting there for s while? 

I think it's been said that 1016 is running into some issues. I don't recall right now. 1020 is here and I think 1019 is also there. Someone correct me on 1019. 

On 1/22/2018 at 6:08 PM, Brillant93 said:

We don't like to speculate when buses may go into service because no order seems to ever go into service as scheduled. So all we do is base it on the scheduled delivery plans. I posted on it somewhere recently. After 30 days of issue-free revenue service, delivery of production buses will begin. 1016-1020 are all property of the MTA and have been for some time. 

In addition, the Nova LFSA's are coming through fast because everything 5470 is built. I have reports that we are now in the low 5500's.

In other news, official documents now have the the XD40's series ending at 7559. As I mentioned the other day, the remaining Orion VII CNG's don't retire until 2019, so we now run into a numbering problem. The remainder of the buses are now officially unassigned. So take note of that.

The documents also do not show any signs that the XDE40's will be numbered in the 6900's. So we will keep you updated on these changes as well. 

I am also going to get into the XDE60 order, and the articulated electric order which is projected to be the XE60 at this time. All the updates will be made to the first page of the Fleet and Depots thread. We also need to move these conversations to that thread and get back to this being a thread based solely on moves and transfers. There is too much clutter and many of the questions being asked can be found in that thread. Updates coming today.

1 hour ago, East New York said:

We don't like to speculate when buses may go into service because no order seems to ever go into service as scheduled. So all we do is base it on the scheduled delivery plans. I posted on it somewhere recently. After 30 days of issue-free revenue service, delivery of production buses will begin. 1016-1020 are all property of the MTA and have been for some time. 

In addition, the Nova LFSA's are coming through fast because everything 5470 is built. I have reports that we are now in the low 5500's.

In other news, official documents now have the the XD40's series ending at 7559. As I mentioned the other day, the remaining Orion VII CNG's don't retire until 2019, so we now run into a numbering problem. The remainder of the buses are now officially unassigned. So take note of that.

The documents also do not show any signs that the XDE40's will be numbered in the 6900's. So we will keep you updated on these changes as well. 

I am also going to get into the XDE60 order, and the articulated electric order which is projected to be the XE60 at this time. All the updates will be made to the first page of the Fleet and Depots thread. We also need to move these conversations to that thread and get back to this being a thread based solely on moves and transfers. There is too much clutter and many of the questions being asked can be found in that thread. Updates coming today.

you would think by the time xd40 7560+ would go in to service all the xn60's woild be in service so the orions 7's should be

all retired.

No. Projected delivery for 7500's would be around July-August. Where as projected delivery for XN60's would only have reached maybe the 1060's, 1070's by then and that's ONLY if they don't stagger the coach numbers AND delivery is on time. Delivery is already behind schedule. The pilot phase should be wrapping up as things appear to be going well. 

Someone said things weren't going well with the bus, but that's not what my reports show. It was on the Bx21 and Bx36 yesterday, and is currently on the Bx19.

Edited by East New York