MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I know. I bet that almost all B46 SBS buses will be here by September. What’s the grand total of all the New XD40 buses delivered so far?

28. 7616-7617, 7619-7625, 7629-7644, 7651, 7655, 7657

Edited by Orion6025

10 hours ago, Calvin said:

From what I'm seeing, the XN-60s for now will be on the Bx12 SBS as summer trippers?

I think so. From what I’m hearing, the Union for Bronx bus drivers is currently fighting putting XN60 buses on the Bx6 SBS due to tight turns causing traffic. I think it’s absurd since they have the same turning radius as the XN40 buses so if the XN40 buses can make that turn easily, so can the XN60.

6 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I think so. From what I’m hearing, the Union for Bronx bus drivers is currently fighting putting XN60 buses on the Bx6 SBS due to tight turns causing traffic. I think it’s absurd since they have the same turning radius as the XN40 buses so if the XN40 buses can make that turn easily, so can the XN60.

Large & long difference between 40s and 60s. There are tight turns especially between 163rd & Westchester and Polite Ave & back to 163. It’s an opposite “S” curve hilly. I don’t know if they ever tested an artic on the Bx6 before? 

7 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Large & long difference between 40s and 60s. There are tight turns especially between 163rd & Westchester and Polite Ave & back to 163. It’s an opposite “S” curve hilly. I don’t know if they ever tested an artic on the Bx6 before? 

Are those turns tight for a 40 foot bus?

Also, why didn’t they send any artics along the route for training?

Just now, JeremiahC99 said:

Are those turns tight for a 40 foot bus?

Also, why didn’t they send any artics along the route for training?

No. 40’ Buses can do that. I used ride the Bx6 when I used to live two station stops on the 2/5 ever since that bus route was formerly the Bx34. Since the 1990s, improvements have been made on the Bx6, however, in the last 9 years, I’ve never seen an artic on the Bx6. Now that may be why the XN60s were not prepared for the Bx6 SBS, IIRC. They should’ve used 1016 on the route for training purposes instead of running up & down both the Bx15/19, which is already an artic converted routes. 

Unlike the M34/A, they did it the easy way. These Nova artics was well prepared for that line and plus, they had one bus in training during the daylight and was the last bus at night during the conversion. 

1 minute ago, FLX9304 said:

No. 40’ Buses can do that. I used ride the Bx6 when I used to live two station stops on the 2/5 ever since that bus route was formerly the Bx34. Since the 1990s, improvements have been made on the Bx6, however, in the last 9 years, I’ve never seen an artic on the Bx6. Now that may be why the XN60s were not prepared for the Bx6 SBS, IIRC. They should’ve used 1016 on the route for training purposes instead of running up & down both the Bx15/19, which is already an artic converted routes. 

Unlike the M34/A, they did it the easy way. These Nova artics was well prepared for that line and plus, they had one bus in training during the daylight and was the last bus at night during the conversion. 

They should’ve put artics on all of the routes for training. That way we can determine the feasiblity of articulated buses on high ridership lines based on operating environment (I.e, how it can handle turns).

14 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

They should’ve put artics on all of the routes for training. That way we can determine the feasiblity of articulated buses on high ridership lines based on operating environment (I.e, how it can handle turns).

No need for the Bx36. In 1999, KB first put them on that line but to them, it was problematic. In recent years, WF put older D60s on that line——- with no problems. 

Bx35: not too much, but their turns are horrible, especially after it passes Jerome Ave. 

Bx21: not good for Boston Road. Boston Road (south of Bronx Park) cannot handle artics. 

Bx15 & Bx19 saw them. So I think they would be the first routes to all XN. 

Edited by FLX9304