Transit Newspaper/Publication Concept

East New York

definetly fill some pages in with rider feedback and get their opinions on what type of services need improvement. Also information on any type of construction, renovations being done to the system and how it would affect riders.

Make GO's very prominent. Also advance notice of service changes from the MTA board meeting materials. Maybe a "bus route of the week" with a schedule analysis, editor comments, and public comments?

I'd name the paper "Today's Transit". The paper would be released on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (weekday editions) with the Friday release as the weekend edition (Friday, Saturday and Sunday; Metro and AMNY do this as well); these would feature weekend G.O.'s in depth so passengers get notice of weekend service changes a day in advance (and there had better not be any complaints). I'd also have feattured a column for special transit events when released for the public (as transit museum members get advanced notice of events before non-members do) as well as a feedback section as to how subway and bus service could be improved. Unfortunately, there are some people who like to complain about subway car and bus types so questions about a car or bus type being on a certain line or route would be rejected without question. I'd want to have substantial feedback in the newspaper, such as how people feel about the service cuts and how they're affected by them, how do they deal with weekend service changes, and how do they feel about the capital projects such as the FTSC and the (7) extension and maybe, just maybe, what else they'd like to see take shape to improve transit in the city as a whole.

Archived