Volunteer to Help Transport Azumah Save Discontinued MTA Route

FamousNYLover

As you heard from news, Transport Azumah running his bus on discontinued MTA Routes, X25, X29, X90 and QM22 buses were halted by NYCDOT because he did not do with permission.

Now, Transport Azumah members need your help handing out fliers to passengers to urge more passenger to be aware of QM22 bus. Azumah will only charge X29 and QM22 $6, X90 $5.50, X25 and X26 for $3.

Transport Azumah want his charter bus to be contracted with NYCDOT.

Meeting Place: Ditmars Blvd (N)(Q) Station by Q69 Shelter in front of TD Bank.

When: Wednesday, July 28th from 7am to 9am. You must arrive 15 minutes early.

the way I see it, what I'm about to post, isn't even about azumah's operations...

even if you handed out flyers to every passenger that USED to take the OLD QM22?

how many people are we talking about?

and two.... even if I wanted to even bother with this....

sorry, I'm on my way to, and at work, between those times....

As you heard from news, Transport Azumah running his bus on discontinued MTA Routes, X25, X29, X90 and QM22 buses were halted by NYCDOT because he did not do with permission.

Now, Transport Azumah members need your help handing out fliers to passengers to urge more passenger to be aware of QM22 bus. Azumah will only charge X29 and QM22 $6, X90 $5.50, X25 and X26 for $3.

I don't see NYCDOT halting dollar vans (legal & illegal) operating the Q4, Q5, Q113, etc. (Who STILL operate btw). So what's with the double standard?

I don't even know what a Transport Azumah is but that isn't right in my book, they have a problem with a company providing service where it's lacking? Come on now.

Pay more money that the MTA's premium fare? I don't think so.

I don't see NYCDOT halting dollar vans (legal & illegal) operating the Q4, Q5, Q113, etc. (Who STILL operate btw). So what's with the double standard?

I don't even know what a Transport Azumah is but that isn't right in my book, they have a problem with a company providing service where it's lacking? Come on now.

Transport Azumah site.

http://www.transportazumah.com/

The dollar vans should be stopped. However that would take some strict enforcement and until something tragic happens, I don't see the (MTA) or NYPD doing anything about it.

As far as Azumah, I would have given him some support had he gone about this on the "up and up". But he started shady and blatantly illegal, you can't blame them from shutting him down.

There are procedures in place to contract out scheduled transit runs to private operators. The (MTA) is smart to follow them. Those procedures safeguard the TA,Private Operator and the passengers.

The (MTA) cannot just award Azumah the right the run routes without the bidding process. IMO, if these routes went out to bid,operators like Atlantic Express,Academy and Coach USA would be all over that. Personally, I would like to see them get that work if that plan ever came to light. But I don't see the (MTA) paying another company to run loss making runs. Those runs are dead and gone and I think the TA wants to keep them that way.

The dollar vans should be stopped. However that would take some strict enforcement and until something tragic happens, I don't see the (MTA) or NYPD doing anything about it.

As far as Azumah, I would have given him some support had he gone about this on the "up and up". But he started shady and blatantly illegal, you can't blame them from shutting him down.

There are procedures in place to contract out scheduled transit runs to private operators. The (MTA) is smart to follow them. Those procedures safeguard the TA,Private Operator and the passengers.

The (MTA) cannot just award Azumah the right the run routes without the bidding process. IMO, if these routes went out to bid,operators like Atlantic Express,Academy and Coach USA would be all over that. Personally, I would like to see them get that work if that plan ever came to light. But I don't see the (MTA) paying another company to run loss making runs. Those runs are dead and gone and I think the TA wants to keep them that way.

Atlantic Express probably would've taken these bids, Academy & Coach USA probably wouldnt want to waste their resources on such lines like the x25 and x90. I could see Atlantic Express service on the x29.

• 2 months later...

Archived